We used Kennelwood for boarding and grooming of our dogs. Kennelwood is very professional and you know your pets are in good hands. The quarters for the pets are good sized and kept clean. We also used Kennelwood for one-on-one dog obedience training for a challenging and active dog. The training was very successful and both we and our pet are happier.
Kennelwood Pet Resorts
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- When their people are away, pets need a place to stay. Kennelwood Pet Resorts has created that place - the ideal environment for dogs and cats. Since 1973 we've been leading the pack in pet care innovation. Whether your pet visits the Spa, plays with friends at Day Camp, receives a Personal Training lesson, or vacations in one of our resorts, rest assured that your pet will enjoy a safe and fun experience and receive the love and care they deserve from our staff of experienced professionals. We know your pets are like family, so we treat them like family. We invite you and your pet to visit us at one of our convenient locations throughout the greater St. Louis area or Illinois. We hope to see you soon! Serving St Louis and St Charles City and Counties with multiples Locations.
- Pet Boarding, Pet Grooming, Doggie DayCamp, In-home and and In-store Training options, In-house Pet Photographer, Invisible Fence products and much more! Visit us at www.kennelwood.com to learn about our services and various programs such our puppy play date and pet sleepover program. We hope to see you soon!
- Invisible Fence Brand
- Payment method:
- amex, cash, check, discover, master card, visa
- Page & Lindberg 2008 Kratky Road St. Louis, MO 63114; Ballwin 2216 Mason Lane Ballwin, MO 63021; 10626 Baptist Church Rd, St. Louis 23128; Chesterfield #4 Clarkson-Wilson Center Chesterfield, MO 63017; Humane Society 1201 Macklind Avenue St. Louis, MO 63110; St Peters 418 South Church Street St. Peters, MO 63376; OFallon IL 2006 W US Highway 50 O`Fallon, IL 62269; -Invisible Fence 1875 Lackland Hill Parkway St. Louis, MO 63146 314-890-0664.
- Lackland Park
- BBB Accredited A+
- Kennels, Pet Services, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Grooming, Dog Day Care
My dogs love coming here. This location has the cabana rooms which have a small private outdoor run attached, so the dogs can go in and out as they please. They also allow my 3 small dogs to be boarded in the same room (extra charge per dog) which I really like. The staff here treats my dogs so well; over the many years I have taken them here-they have formed attachments to some of the long time staff. My dogs always come back happy from their stays here. At this location, you can drop off before hours for a small charge (I've had to drop them off at 3:30 am before a trip before) and you can also pick them up after hours for a small charge. I love this feature, and so no longer worry when my flights are delayed. They are in a location which is very convenient to the airport, so even though these is a location much closer to my house, this is the one I use.
My dogs came home with kennel cough after just one night? And they just had a booster a week earlier. I called and suggested they used 10% bleach to decontaminate the place I was told kennel cough is an airborne illness, but i work in a Lab and know germs can reside on surfaces. They were not fed even half of the food they should have been. It just seems from some of the other stuff i am reading on the web that they may just be taking in too many pets to maximize the bottom line? Just one view....
I used this place for boarding and it was horrible. I paid close to 100 dollars per day and they couldn't tell me for sure if they fed my dogs the first night that they were there. They also came home with unopened food that I had packed for them. Again the staff couldn't explain this. If they are confused/forgetting to feed my dogs then there is other stuff that they are forgetting
I took my two dogs here for a few nights.The customer service stinks,I thought it was because they were busy.But when I came to pick up my dogs there was no one there except me and they were just as rude.Both of my dogs had kennel cough.
Come to find out my cousin worked there,and told me stories.
I would suggest finding somewhere else to board your dog!(If you Love your animal)
02/28/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I have taken both of my dogs to Dave van Garderen at Kennelwood for training starting when they were four months old. I have found Dave to be both professional and caring for my dogs and my training desires for them. Both of my dogs are very large and I wanted them to be trained to be well behaved and to walk with me without pulling me. Not only did Dave train my dogs, and me, how to walk nicely together, he also trained my older dog to compete in Rally Obedience and to become a therapy dog. Therapy dog work is something that my older dog and I love to do together and I am so proud of how well behaved he is during these visits. When I take my dogs out in public, I get many compliments on how well mannered they are and that is something that I could not have accomplished without Dave's training. I have referred my daughter and many of my friends to Dave for training their dogs and they have all been very well pleased with the results of the training and with Dave's very professional manner. In addition, he is a very nice young man and my dogs love him!
I have also used Kennelwood for grooming and boarding and I have been very pleased. Everyone that I have met at Kennelwood is extremely nice and very professional and I will never take my dogs anywhere else!
02/14/2012Provided by Citysearch -
We have used Kennelwood for Dog training for many years now and we prove our loyalty by driving almost 100 miles every week to be part of Dave's dog training class! Not only does he help train my sons service dog but he also played a huge role in the rescue and rehab of our Shilo Shepherd Angus. Without Dave's passion for dogs and expertise in training we would have not been able to keep our animals. The transformation of the animals is amazing and we never get tired of seeing how much the dogs love working for him. Don't waist your time and money by going anywhere else but Kennelwood and ask for Dave! He is a true inspiration and someone we highly respect.
02/12/2012Provided by Citysearch -
After the passing of our senior dog a couple of years ago, my husband & I decided to adopt/rescue another dog. Since we had watched just about every episode of the ?Dog Whisper?, it was decided to have the new dog professionally trained. We had used Kennelwood Pet Resorts at Lindbergh & Page for boarding & grooming in the past & it made sense to start there with our training needs. We were referred to Dave van Garderen & we were pleasantly pleased to see his desk was the one filled with trophies that we had admired on our past visits!
Not only did Dave train our dog for basic obedience but also gave us a view into a dogs world/life that we had not thought of before. He displaced endless patience & knowledge about dogs with us & to our dog. It became very clear that not only is Dave knowledgeable about dogs but very passionate about the dog?s well-being, it is no secret that a trained dog is a happy dog! We have a perfectly well behaved dog that is quite fun to live with & sometimes to show off as we go for walks & to the local pet supply store, etc. Since then we have adopted another dog & there was NO question in our minds who to go to for training. We have referred Dave to two other family members & many friends who also love living with their well-behaved family member! We HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Dave van Garderen with Kennelwood Pet Resorts for your dog training. Old dogs can learn new tricks at our adopted dog did!
Waging our tail in St. Louis
12/06/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Took my 3 dogs there for boarding while I was on vacation. They were there for over a week and everything was fine when I picked them up. One of my dogs had been there several years ago for day camp and as soon as I mentioned ""camp"" to him he started to go crazy with excitement. I would definitely recommend this facility for boarding needs.