Everytime I come in I like how the guys at the desk always explain in detail what's wrong with my car after the diagnostic and even take me under the hood to show me what the problem is. They're willing to go the extra mile to get my car back on the road and I've never had any issues. I highly recommend them!
Henry's Auto & Tire
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Henry's offers the most comprehensive list of service and repairs for your import or domestic car or light truck. Conveniently located just east of I-170 on Page, we welcome your business. Just call or stop in and we will get you fixed up and on your way. If you live in St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson County, or Franklin County, bring your service, maintenance and repair needs to Henry's! Our highly trained, veteran, ASE certified technicians will diagnose and repair your car so you can get back on the road. We pride ourselves on our fast, courteous service - fixed right the first time. State of the art Hunter Hawkeye alignment system manned by experienced technicians for the perfect alignment.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (314) 429-4789
If your car or truck is due for some routine or not so routine service, we can help.
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel Injectors
- Battery Replacement
- Exhaust Systems
- State of the art Hunter Hawkeye alignment system manned by experienced technicians for the perfect alignment.
- Lube, Oil & Filter
- Transmission Service
- Shocks & Struts
- Rack & Pinion Steering
- Radiator Replacement ...and much, much more!
- Bridgestone, Duro, Firestone, Goodyear, Herculese, Kumho, Primewell, Valvoline
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, debit, financing available
Located less than 1/2 mile east of highway 170 at Walton rd/ 82 nd street
- Vinita Park
- AAA-APPROVED AUTO REPAIR ASE CERTIFIED SHOP
- Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair, Auto Transmission, Auto Oil & Lube, Towing, Wheel Alignment-Frame & Axle Servicing-Automotive, Tire Dealers, Wheels-Aligning & Balancing
I came to the shop for the first time for a routine oil change which also came with a 15 point check. They told me my brakes still had some life left, when could have told me otherwise to make some extra revenue. I will difinately be coming back in the future.
I have routinely taken my car to Dobbs but only for routine oil changes and tires and have had no issues. I had always used the downtown location as I work downtown. When my car developed a brake fluid leak and consequently loss of braking I took it to a Dobbs right by my home (Dobbs at 9598 Olive). They said I needed a "complete brake overhaul" of my front brakes that included new rotors, new calipers, and new pads. They also said I needed 2 brake hoses to repair the leak. T...view morehey said it would be $1100.00. Based on past experiences with brake repairs I knew that was outrageous. When I balked at that price he immediately said "because I am a regular customer" he could knock it down to $900. Knowing this was still outrageous and also knowing I had just replaced the pads and replaced both rotors less than 12,000 miles ago I knew something was wrong. When I questioned the need for new rotors the guy at Dobbs told me they were too worn to be turned. I knew this couldn't be true as they were less than a year old and had NEVER been turned. At this point I knew they were crooks and started looking for another close by repair shop. I found Henry's and based on the other review on this site I decided to give them a try. When they went to pick up my car Dobbs wanted an extra $40 for checking out my brakes. However they had also performed a state inspection which requires them to check out the brakes as part of the inspection. I probably would not have thought of that but Henry's called me when they went to pick up the car to give me a "heads up" reminding me that it was part of a state safety inspection and I shouldn't be paying for the same thing twice. The guy at Dobbs didn't want to refund it but finally did but couldn't have been ruder or a bigger jerk once he knew I was taking the car elsewhere. Henry's repaired my car and the total charge was $180!!!!! That included $40 for towing, a state re-inspection, and the repair of a rear brake light. They also told me my front brakes had 50% life left and the rear 75%. My calipers and rotors were also just fine and I only needed one brake line hose. My brakes worked great and I saved almost $800 had I left it at Dobb's. I needed my transmission fluid changed and on my next visit to Henry's I gave them carte blanche to fix whatever else needed fixing (potentially dangerous I know) and even though my Dodge minivan has almost 80k miles on it they only suggested a few realtively minor maintenenance items that I knew were long overdue anyway. I had asked them to change my plugs but they didn't as they checked them for free and said they were just fine! The work they did was GREAT! Bottom line, Jerry and Barry (owners) are great guys who are HONEST and believe in not screwing the consumer. I will be a customer for life and can not recommend this shop MORE highly. By the way, NEVER GO TO DOBBS -- EVER!!!!!!!!!view less
I wasn't sure what to expect when I took my car into Henry's.. The man at the service counter explained in great detail what my car issue was and when I still didn't understand, he explained the physics behind a catalytic convertor. My car was repaired by the next day, and the price I paid was exactly as quoted, there were no hidden or unusual fees. All of the employees were professional and polite and I plan to bring my car back for oil changes and servicing.