First Capitol Animal Hospital
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- We want our clients to know it is our priority to provide the finest veterinary care to our patients and it is our goal to assure that you, the owner, are well informed and comfortable with the decisions made regarding your pets care. Open evenings and Saturdays, with easy access from I-70, ample parking - Care, from routine exams and vaccinations to emergency surgery - We Are Accepting New Pets!!
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (636) 279-2100
Phone: (636) 946-1882
Phone: (636) 373-7842
- Your pet can't always tell you where it hurts, or pets may mask their pain (a survival behavior in the wild). A comprehensive physical exam allows the doctor to compile a list of clues that can help uncover disease. Early detection and treatment are essential to avoid undue suffering and to prolong the quality and longevity of your pet's life. Watch for subtle changes in your pet's body weight, appetite, water intake, and bowel habits, as well as general attitude and activity level. These changes may signal liver, kidney or heart problems. Lumps and bumps under the skin may seem harmless, but can be cancerous. Ear infections, abscessed teeth and gum disease are common, A comprehensive physical exam is the basic tool the doctor uses to evaluate your pet's health status and to help you make informed decisions about the care of your special companion. What is Checked During a Comprehensive Physical Exam? Eyes - Ears - Mouth - Heart & Lungs - Abdomen - Skin - Lymph Nodes - Ne rvous System - Gait
- Hills Perscription Diet Food, Iverheart, Vectra Flea
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, debit, check
- 804 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, MO - Between Lindenwood College & St. Joseph Hospital
- Saint Charles
- WiFi, Ample Parking, Handicap Accesable
Amarican, Missouri, St. Louis, and University Of Missouri Veterinary Medical Associations
- Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarians, Pet Services, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Kennels
My family and I have taken our dogs to Dr. King for about 30 years. Dr. King has been phenomenal in caring for our pets. Dr. King helped us through heart worms with one of our dogs and supported us when we had to have one dog euthanized. I now take my husky to Dr. King's clinic for boarding when I go out of town and I'm well please with my dog's care. Dr. King and his staff have been wonder to work with and I certainly would recommend him to anyone.
My dog recently cut her back paw on a piece of glass, I brought her in to Dr King. he took a look at her and told me that she would have to spend the night. I came back he next day, her paw had been sewn up and wrapped. When Dr. King took the wrapping off the cut had healed up perfectly, I am very please with Dr. King's work and would recommend him to anyone!
We still have Mesa, a 4 1/2 year old Peki. She was hurt in a dog fight. I had very bad thoughts to tell you the truth i thought she would be put down. My 10yr old said Doc. Can fix her. So. he has worked with her and now she is just fine. Dr King has a heart of gold. His name fits him, he is a King of Animal Dr. So my thanks to him and his staff. You all are wonderful. Thank you for being here for us.
We have been going to First Capitol Animal Hospital for near 11 years now. Dr. King is the most knowledgeable and experienced vet we have ever known, and takes the best care of our pets we could ever ask for. One of our dogs (with health issues) lived to just days before her 20th birthday. Another who has many health problems, is going on 18 and Dr Kind checks her frequently and knows just what to do to get the best out of her. The staff is awesome and treats our pets as if they wer...view moree their own! Never will you find a more experienced and caring place to take your pets. They really ARE part of our family.view less
My dog Cody jumped my back fence on Jackson Street, he was found up on First Capitol Drive by someone at Citgo gas station. Due to the tags given by Dr. King, the pound was able to call the Dr's office and make a positive identification and I was able to get my dog back. Thank you Dr. King!
In May 2014 I took my yorkie for his annual vaccinations to Dr. King. This was the first time I had taken my dog there, and Dr. King had been recommended to me. I asked Dr. King to split the vaccines and administer two separate injections as my yorkie had reactions in the past if he got all the shots at one time. He agreed and told me to bring him back in about a week for the rest of his shots. I paid for what I thought was all of the shots during this first visit. -- When I to...view moreok my dog back a week later for the other shot, the vet technician began to check my dog, and I told her I was there just for the rest of my dog's vaccination from the office visit the prior week. She told me I would have to pay another office visit charge. I objected and the receptionist at the front desk then came in and said the technician was mistaken, that I did not have to pay another office visit but there was a $25 charge for the shot they were giving my dog that day. I told her I thought I had prepaid for all the shots as the vaccines and exam package charges I paid on the first visit were higher than what they had quoted me on the phone a few days earlier. The receptionist explained that the charges the week before did not include $25 for the shot they were administering that day. I told her it was no problem, that I would pay it. She asked if I wanted to give the payment to her then. (I was still sitting in the exam room waiting for my dog). I explained that I had left my purse in the car because I thought there would be no charges, but as soon as they brought my dog I would run out to my car for my purse. She said ok and went to get my dog, but came back and told me Dr. King said I had to pay the $25 first...before they would give me my dog. I went to the car, got my purse, returned to the lobby and paid the receptionist the $25. Then the technician brought my dog to me in the lobby. I was hurt and offended at this treatment, and said this to the receptionist. As a result of this incident, I would never take my dog back to Dr. King.view less
Dr. King and staff have literally saved my Maugwai's life. Maugwai (dog) and Missy (cat) love the staff and even when I have gone under emergency situations, they have attended to my dog as an ER staff would to a true emergency case.
I would recommend this animal hospital to anyone . . .