We stayed here following our wedding. It was a wonderful experience to be at a hotel with such charm and character. We also loved the breakfast at the Grange next door!
The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
Secure online booking with Expedia Affliate Network Call 866-761-3335 to book by phone
The room rates listed are double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
- General Info:
- Property Location With a stay at The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection, you'll be centrally located in Sacramento, steps from Cesar Chavez Park and City Plaza Park. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament and California State Capitol. Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 198 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Premium TV channels provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks. Rec, Spa, Premium Amenities Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and wedding services. Dining Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee. Business, Other Amenities Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (916) 447-2701
- Autograph Collection, Marriott Autograph Collection
- Payment method:
- diners club, discover, visa, all major credit cards
- With a stay at The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection, you'll be centrally located in Sacramento, steps from Cesar Chavez Park and City Plaza Park. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament and California State Capitol.
- Central Sacramento, Capitol Park, Downtown Sacramento
- Meeting & Event Planning Services, Wedding Chapels & Ceremonies, Motels, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Lodging
- Other Information:
Property Amenities: Multilingual staff, Breakfast available (surcharge), Fitness facilities, Porter/bellhop, Bar/lounge, Business center, 24-hour front desk, Restaurant, ATM/banking, Meeting rooms, Wedding services, Conference space, Free wired high-speed Internet, Dry cleaning/laundry service
Room Amenities: Daily housekeeping, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge), Shower/tub combination, Private bathroom, Phone, Hair dryer, Premium bedding, Refrigerator, Blackout drapes/curtains, Hypo-allergenic bedding available, HDTV, Bathrobes, Flat-panel TV, Iron/ironing board, Desk, Minibar, In-room safe (laptop compatible), Coffee/tea maker, Premium TV channels
Posted: 9/7/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Hotelier Chip Conley developed the Joie de Vivre hotel chain based on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and goal of self-actualization. He wrote the book ""How Great Companies get their Mojo from Maslow."" The Citizen Hotel helped move me a bit up the pyramid, but being in Sacramento couldn't fully bring me to self-actualization. Oh well, can't have everything. It's an old downtown bank turned boutique hotel with dark reds and blacks and great drawings and political cartoons along the wall. The best is the black and white pic of a young buff Arnold Schwarzenegger, shirtless and in speedos, flexing with a group of bridesmaids in the women's bathroom in the parlor. The room was spacious, swanky, sophisticated. Dripping with old school charm and modern day luxuries. An Apple-lovers haven -- iPhone docks, macs in the business center. Dual shower heads, decent products, sitting room with a second flat screen TV (although I learned I had the ""ADA room""). Steamer instead of an iron (LOVE), roomy, cozy, great bed, decent mini-bar. If you are stuck in Sacramento on business or whatever, this hotel is an excellent selection.
Posted: 7/26/2009Provided by Citysearch -
This beautiful new hotel in downtown Sacramento has been put together with all of the care and unique qualities that I expect from a Joie de Vieve hotel. We stay in JDV hotels anytime we happen to stay in San Francisco and we were pleased to see this new property in Sacramento. The rooms are a touch masculine, but adequately sized and well appointed. The restaraunt is excellent and the hotel ambiance is the perfect combination of early 20th century with 21st century amenities.
Posted: 1/2/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I booked a suite at new The Citizen Hotel for New Year's Eve. My husband and I were recently married and didn?t get to take a honeymoon, so this was our exciting getaway. When we got to our room it was clear that the room we reserved was not the room they gave us. We were treated extremely rudely by all staff members and it was obvious that they gave our room to someone else and made no effort to fix the situation. I told them I was disappointed and considering checking out. At that point the manager said that I should check out and refused to speak with me face-to-face. We then left the hotel feeling like we were not citizens at all and that they didn't care about us as guests. I have never been treated that way in my life.