- General Info:
- Mike’s Camera re-energizes the way you think, feel, and practice and enjoy the fun of photography. Established in 1967 in downtown Boulder, Colorado in the days of the hippie movement that took on roots early on in Boulder. An Army photographer turned businessman, Mike wanted to create an oasis of for aspiring photographers to share his passion for pictures and at that time, the precision photographic instruments of the time, primarily Japanese and German photographic equipment. The single small store in downtown Boulder developed a reputations throughout the front range for being a unique place where one could find just about every camera, slide projector and enlarger along with the widest array of films, chemicals for developing and printing photographs for the professionals and aspiring photographer alike, In 1980 the current owners, the Christianian family purchased the store. The Christianians added more product lines, professional gear, a video department and complete photo lab, processing and printing services to the existing Black and White lab. They installed one of Colorado’s first One-Hour minilabs, custom color printing, E-6 dip-and-dunk processing and one of the country’s first home movies to Video transfer facility. With all these services and growth they soon outgrew the original store. The Christianians expanded the original Boulder store and relocated its headquarters to the current Boulder Superstore, in a building that creating a setting filled with energy and pouring over in creativity; service radiating fun and knowledge throughout. Our goal is to bring you the best photograph and photography experience around. We recycle, use recyclable materials, are carbon neutral, and dedicate a % of each sale to our community. Discover the latest technology explore your curiosities, customize your photographs, and create more with them then you ever dreamed possible. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or an aspiring beginner, you’ll find our stores filled with top quality products and consummate professionals, passionate about the craft and creativity that is photography. Today, as digital photography has evolved and matured into that encompasses “imaging”, we continue to hold true to our original principles: This IS the world’s best hobby! We think this is the world’s most creative hobby, the world’s most fun hobby, one that everyone can engage with. We are fortunate to be in the business of funtography: this is your store where technology meets creativity– We invite you to stop into one of our stores or explore or website. How can we serve you?
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (916) 444-8392
Fax Number: (916) 444-8392
- Your go to source for anything and everything photo! We offer a complete assortment of the latest cameras and lenses, photographic supplies, travel accessories, drones, photo gifts, books and a whole lot more. Our comprehensive lab can develop and process film, make anything from machine prints to huge custom digital prints and can print on materials such as canvas, wood and metal. As well we offer custom restorations and retouching. We also provide camera and lens rentals as well as repairs. Mike’s Camera is your friend in the photo business!
- Canon, DJI, Fuji, GoPro, Instax, Lowepro, Manfrotto, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Profoto, Promaster, Savage, Sony, Think Tank
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, all major credit cards, debit, visa, mastercard
- Located in Mid-town Sacramento on the corner of 22nd and J Street
- Boulevard Park, Central Sacramento
Mike's Camera Of California
- Photographic Equipment & Supplies, Photo Finishing, Photography Schools, Photography & Videography, Photo Retouching & Restoration, Photographic Equipment-Repair, Photographic Color Prints & Transparencies, Photo Finishing-Wholesale, Slides & Film Strips
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Pets Allowed: No
I am writing on behalf of my mom who does business here. She has been very pleased with the service and selection of cameras. She prefers film cameras and has had a difficult time finding quality processing for her film. Mike's has done a very good job on her photos. She gives us photo books of events and I agree that they have all come out very well.
My cousin was quoted a price for a Nikon kit and, though my cousin had confirmed a few times the price over the phone, once my cousin got to the shop the owner/manager said he was sorry but the price he quoted was incorrect and was $100 more. My cousin had made a 1hr round trip to buy the camera kit but was thoroughly let down. I would not recommend this shop as a place to buy a camera due to the shocking customer service. I can only think he quoted a low price over the phone to get my cousin into the shop. Imagine what the after sales support would be. There are plently of other shops. I have never seen a shop behave in this appauling way.