California Precision Service
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- California Precision Service, located in Sacramento, Calif., is one of the leading camera repair services in Northern California. The company has been providing manufacturers, dealers, professionals, media organizations and customers with repair service since 1974. It services various types of major brand photographic, digital, audiovisual, video and camcorder equipment. In 1989, Nikon selected California Precision Service to provide priority service for Nikon professionals. It is a subcontractor to repair equipment of Nikon, Pentax and Tamron. It services major brands, such as Canon, Fuji, Hasselblad, Olympus, Konica Minolta, Casio, Mamiya, Bronica, Yashica, Kodak, JVC, Sony, Leica, RCA, GE, Panasonic, Quantry and Sigma.
- Extra Phones:
TollFree: (800) 242-2637
- Camera Repair, Video Equipment Repair
- Alpha, Bronica, Canon, Casio, Fuji, Hasselblad, Kodak, Leica, Mamiya, Nikon, Olympus, Optio, Pentax, Sigma, Sony, Tamron, rca, sony
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Midtown, Central Sacramento
California Precision Svc
California Precision Service Inc.
- Video Equipment-Installation, Service & Repair, Photographic Equipment-Repair, Stereo, Audio & Video Equipment-Service & Repair
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
Going in just to ask for a quote for my camera, I was met with an attitude that I would only get from someone that I had interrupted rudely. The gentleman (not so gentle) was very put off-ish as if I was ruining his day by asking him how much he charged for a diagnosis. I am currently looking for a different place to get my dslr fixed.
Paid $45 for deposit and expected for a call in a week or 2 but nothing received in a month, so I called them, and was informed that I will get a feedback in a day or two. Indeed I got a feedback that I need to pay 285 for the defective part so I agreed to pay for it. I was expecting feedback about it for a week or 2 but nobody called in almost a month so I called again and was told that I will have a feedback in a day or 2. Indeed somebody called me the next day telling me that the defective part costs $495. Hell no! I canceled the repair job and got my camera back. I asked the person in-charge about my deposit and he said its for the technician's diagnostic/labor cost. What labor cost? My camera was just sitting there without anybody knowing what to do with it. I believe it was their way to get your money if they don't know how to repair it. So if they charge you with high fees, you will have to cancel the repair and you will have no right to get your money back. My advise to camera owners who need repair, go to the camera service center not to this unprecise service center. By the way I got my camera back after 7 weeks! I meant no star actually but I can't publish this without it.