If you are a low income or bad credit household, this company is really the only choice. The do offer low prices and usually stay lower than their competitors. BUT is that the ONLY reason to do business with a company? no.
Ace deals with many people whom have bad credit, are lackadaisical in paying their bills (On time or with some, at all). They supply propane to their customers (initially) on a C.O.D. basis. If you prove yourself a reliable customer, they will initiate a 30 day delivery/billing cycle. Sounds great? no. I have been a customer of this company for four years, I have always paid my bill on time, what they believe is/was a different story. My first problem was that they delivered to my neighbor 3 days after me, and billed ME for it!! It took me almost a year of constantly proving to them (By sending copies of cancelled checks, and bills marked PAID) for them to resume delivery. After that, it was business as usual. I am on their so-called 30 day delivery/billing cycle, which I was informed means they deliver every month, and I mail in a check upon receipt of the bill. Well:
1. They will leave the bill at my back door (even though I have requested them to NOT do this)
2. They forget to leave the bill
3. They will deliver to my neighbor, but forget to deliver to me (He pays COD)
4. They will deliver, but leave the tanks off (causing me to need to relight all of my pilots and deal with a horrible smell)
5. The wait until I am OUT of propane and CALL them before they deliver
6. The lady in the office is prejudice against my neighborhood and every few calls will insist that "no one in that are has a billing plan" (because so many don't pay) which requires me arguing with her that I do -- also, I am out of propane and trying to get them to deliver.
I am currently shopping for a better company because of the above. And if you have decent credit, do yourself a favor and go with a more reputable company. the extra cost is worth it in the long run.