Vibra took over Kindred and really changed this place around! We took a chance and sent our dad to help with all of his wounds, and we experience really great care. The nurses were really attentive and really sought took care to see that my dad's wounds get better. The doctors were always available when we needed them. The good news is that my dad got a lot better and is now happily recovering at a nursing home.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Vibra Hospital of RichmondAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- "Kindred Hospitals continue the care that short-term hospitals provide. We offer high quality post-acute hospital care to patients with medically complex conditions. These patients are critically ill and have few care options left; they come to us because they require aggressive, specialized care and a prolonged recovery time beyond their stay in a traditional short-term acute care hospital. Our patients have serious medical conditions, often many at the same time, requiring a coordinated, specialized approach, directed by physicians, to meet their daily medical needs."
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (804) 254-1972
- Acute Care|Angioplasty|CT Scan|Clinical Laboratory Services|Diagnostic Radiology Services|Dietary Services|Gastroenterology|Hemodialysis (Dialysis)|Infusion Therapy|Inpatient Surgery Services|Long Term Acute Care|Obstetrical Services|Occupational Therapy Services|Optometric Services|Organ Transplant|Pharmacy Services|Physical Therapy|Radiation Therapy|Rehabilitation Services/CARF|Respiratory/Pulmonary Svcs|Social Services|Speech Pathology Services
- Payment method:
- check, amex, debit, discover, insurance, master card, visa
- Appointments Available
Privately Owned Hospital
Vibra Hospital Richmond
- Medical Clinics, Hospitals
Kindred was recently bought out and renamed Vibra. All this has done is given them a new excuse for their abysmal care. "Please bear with us as we have just gone under some management changes." Most of the staff is forgetful, lackadaisical, and unsanitary. When you question the care your loved one is receiving, you get excuses, apologies, and promises of change, but nothing ever happens. If your insu... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
My husband was a patient at Kindred in Richmond for a month in 2011. It was the middle hospitalization of a three month/three hospital stay following a massive brain stem stroke. I agree with other posts concerning the long distance from our home; we live in Fredericksburg and it was a tough four weeks. However, this was the perfect place for him. There is nothing like it in our area and driving north into the DC... view moreLike this review?Yes  (1)|Flag Abuse
If you are not local to this facility and a family member is place here -- be careful!
My spouse was recently a patient at the Kindred Hospital of Richmond and I found there to be a significant communication challenge in ensuring I was aware of his treatment goals and accomplishments for the day. The nursing staff was never available via phone, and I was always informed to call back or they would contact me la... view more
I completely agree with the other negative reviews of Kindred Hospital-Richmond. My mother was a patient there from 1/11-3/11. She died at VCU, where she was sent from Kindred. The care she received at Kindred was a disgrace. The nurse/CNA -patient ratio, while perhaps legal, is sorely inadequate for a facility in which all patients are seriously ill and need care and supervision. The physicians with whom we came... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Each time I have entered the doors of this facility to visit my loved one, I was greeted by some snobbish supervisor, manager, or the like, who made many promises to correct problems or reassured that they'd never happen again. Yet I still get calls from my loved one begging for me to come and rescue her from this facility, claiming staff is abusive either verbally or physically. She has had her room changed 5 or 6... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
STAY AWAY!!! DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT voluntarily take yourself or anyone that you care about in the slightest to this place!!!!! The nurses are lacking SERIOUS training except for a few that either must be binded by contract which requires them to stay employed here or they're just completely and absolutely desperate for work. If there's an emergency or you need someone to help your family member, no one ever come... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse