We trust them with our dogs for overnight boarding of any length of time. We have done just one night, and for several weeks as well. Our dogs play with the other dogs during their stay, and everything has been great with that. They always feed our dogs the correct amount and they have never gotten sick or hurt. The price is great especially with the discount we get for having our two dogs stay together. We have been using them for about 4 years now, so we absolutely trust them. ...view moreThe care is good and consistent and the staff is always nice to us and our dogs.view lessShare Review
Pet Play HouseAdd to mybook
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Providing a fun and safe environment for doggies to play and board indoors and out! We have two play groups for big and small dogs to play in together, and we also have a small dog only daycare area for small dogs that prefer dogs their own size. Stay in a luxury condo or just a day of daycare, we provide a very different feel than a traditional "kennel" type environment, complete with TV's, music, furniture, sunshine, and grass.... just like your doggie is used to at home! The readers of the Reno News and Review have voted us as the best doggie daycare and best pet boarding in Northern Nevada, and the editors of Reno Magazine have chosen us as the best place to board your pet!
- Business History
- Upon the opening of our first facility in the year 2000, we became innovators in the Reno/Sparks area in the concept of indoor/outdoor group play, as well as the European style of dog boarding which we call the "slumber party program." In Europe this concept of group interaction, for both day care and boarding, has been in existence for decades. It is a natural approach where participating dogs are part of a social pack with human leaders. Proper selection of participants creates healthy interaction of big and small dogs alike which is quite beneficial. Our new November 2008 expansion is also an innovation for our area. We still embrace our original concepts of group indoor/outdoor play, while introducing private luxury suites and condos for dogs that do not necessarily fit into the group boarding setting.
- Indoor and Outdoor Doggy Daycare, Luxury Dog Boarding, Private Doggy Suites and Condos, 24 Hour On-site Staff Supervision, Group Slumber Party Overnight Boarding
- Payment method:
- master card, visa, check, debit, mastercard
- We are conveniently located right off both I-80 and 395. We are also a short drive from downtown Reno.
- Luxury dog boarding in our Suites and Condos with TV's, raised beds, and relaxing music. Group "Slumber Party" boarding with other dogs and staff every night is great for dogs with separation anxiety, or very social dogs who prefer to stay with the group. All boarding dogs get 24hr staff pampering, and access to real outside yards with K-9 Grass. Dogs that meet our social criteria can do daycare during the day for FREE while boarding with us! Dogs in daycare during the day get to play with other social dogs that have met our vaccine requirements, indoors and outdoors in real yards with K-9 Grass.
- Voted Best Doggy Daycare in Northern Nevada by the RN&R in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015! Voted Best Pet Boarding in Northern Nevada by the RN&R in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015! Chosen as Best Boarding in Reno by the editors of Reno Magazine!
Pet: Play House
- Dog & Cat Furnishings & Supplies, Dog Day Care, Kennels, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Sitting & Exercising Services, Pet Stores, Pet Services
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Valet
Left my dog here for 6 nights and came back to a very sick dog. His collar was badly chewed by another dog and he was lethargic/sickly for nearly 2 weeks. Cost me quite a bit for vet bills to get my dog on track. I would never use this facility again.Share Review
I have a friend who has been going here for quite awhile. One time, they were late due to unforeseen & unavoidable circumstances. The rude woman (I guess she's the owner) informed them: We don't want 'your kind of business'. I would never take my dog to a place that treats people like this. The 'act' nice & caring to your face while they want your money, but one mistake and look out! Their true personalities come out then. I will make sure anyone I know with a dog knows NOT to use thi...view mores place, unless of course they want to be treated like a second class person and have people be rude & nasty. (I wanted to rate no stars but that's not an option)view lessProvided by Citysearch
I had to board my dog for the first time and was really worried because he is very attached and even though he is friendly he does not trust other people as he does me. He is also very active and is scared to be alone I didn't want him to be in a crate the entire time I was gone. I have heard about the Pet Play House before and thought it was a great place for him so that he would be able to exercise and socialize as well as be supervised at all times. I brought him in for daycare to e...view morensure he played well with the others and he seemed fine when I came to pick him up later that day. The staff seemed nice and I made reservations to board him.
However when it came time to drop him off for boarding he did not want to go inside the building and was barking and backing away from the employees. They did offer to even show me where he would be staying and just set his belongings on the floor and went back to the computer. I just figured my dog was barking due to the other dogs in the facility.
I called a few days later and I asked that I pick up my dog a day early and the response was "Your obligated to pay the full reservation" which I didn't mind I just wanted to see my dog. The lady on the telephone seemed inconvenienced by me calling and seemed to have no idea that my dog was even there.
I wasn't too concerned and just shrugged it off until I got my dog home. Every time I went to pet him or pick him up he would lose control of his bladder and he spent all his time sleeping and acting mopey. Which is very unlike him. He also came back very dirty and had something sticky in his fur. Even when picking him up was not allowed to see where he was staying.
I think that they have good ideas and good intentions but I was not impressed with my experience and my dog doesn't seem to be either.view less
My pup and I have never been treated worse in our lives!\r
After reading the reviews, I thought I had found heaven, but in fact, just the opposite. My pup had a couple daycare sessions here and every time I found the staff to be so un-caring. I would ask questions on how he did, if he ate, etc, and they would respond with a generic, 'I think so', not knowing or caring a bit - unlike what they advertise. \r
My worst experience though is with whomever answers the phone. We r...view morean into a family emergency and had to cancel our holiday plans (not just with boarding but the entire vacation for 13 people due to a terminal illness). We were outside of the *10 day window* and in the midst of a family tragedy, and yet the woman was so rude and curt with me, even after I explained our situation. I can't even detail how awful of customer service I received - threatening me, and putting 'notes in my file'. Talk about a bad day getting worse - and by someone who I'm supposed to trust my pup with. \r
They may have individual 'condos' for your pets, but I will never, ever bring my pet or allow any friend of mine to bring their pet here. I would rather have loving, caring people taking care of my beloved pet, than anyone from Pet Play House.view less
I've used Pet Play House many times when we go on vacations and couldn't feel more safer leaving our dog. I've booked her in both the slumber party and condos. I've seen other boarding places in Reno and they put them in a warehouse w/ no windows. Also at pet playhouse, they have an employee there 24hrs a day. At other places, they leave at 11pm and don't come back until 6am. To me, when you are boarding 25-30 or more dogs their shoud be someone available at all times. I also love that...view more they offer grooming services. That way when we go on vacation for a week our dog is groomed the morning we pick her up and she's clean and smells great. We are very happy and plan on using Pet Play House everytime we need to board our dog Zoe.view lessShare Review
Our dog regularly attends daycare elsewhere, however, we needed to board our pooch and didn't like the idea of a regular kennel. Based on the other glowing reviews, I decided that this was the place to go. In order to board your dog here, you have to attend one day of daycare so they are able to determine how your dog interacts with others. As we expected, our dog passed with flying colors.
I was very impressed with the building; it's a large and clean facility. Unfortunately...view more, the staff failed to impress. When I dropped our dog off for the test-run, the woman that greeted me at the counter could not have been less pleasant if she'd tried. It was almost as if I was ruining her day by simply walking through the door. I decided not to let that get to me and, instead, I figured she might just be in the midst of a bad day.
Unless everyday for her is a bad day, I was mistaken.
For dogs that participate in the slumber party, you must drop them off by noon. However, I was unable to get away from work early and, as it is the right thing to do, I called to let them know. I was informed, and I quote, that my dog wouldn't be able to do the slumber party because he would &quot;ANNOY all of the other dogs if he weren't there by noon.&quot; Excuse me?! That's how they talk to customers?? I asked what I could do, since I had already paid half of the fees as a deposit and she snidely informed me that I could upgrade to a condo for an extra $10/night.
I am not a confrontational person and I rarely write reviews or complain to strangers about service at any company. The other reviewers must have had a very different experience than mine. I simply cannot imagine anyone calling those people pleasant. It's truly sad, though. It would be a top-rate place if the service stood up to the awesome facade.view less
We are very sorry that this customer did not have a good experience. Over the past 10 years of opperation, being the innovators in cage-free boarding in Reno, we have developed the safest possible way to handle group boarding and day care. Doggies are very excited when they arrive, and it can take a while for them to calm down and settle in, and it is much safer when all the doggies are at about the same energy level. When a doggie arrives late in the afternoon after sleeping all day while their parents are at work, it causes problems... the doggie can inadvertantly "annoy" the other doggies that have been here since the start of our day and are getting tired. This can cause arguments, and the last thing we want is to have an injury. That is why we have very specific rules on our boarding contract regarding the before noon drop off for group play and slumber party boarding. We suggest and offer other options to customers that cannot meet the before noon requirement... have a friend drop off the doggie, take an early/long lunch to drop off the doggie or, when availabe, upgrade to a suite or a condo for the first night for an additional fee. We are very sorry that the circumstances caused us to react in a rude way.
The Pet Play House has a big new building down on E. Fourth St. Looks like tons of fun for dogs. Tons of fun for my kid too who thinks that each time we go there it is a trip to the zoo or something LOL! Our dog seems to know what she's doing when she gets there because she tries to push open the swinging doors that go back to the play rooms. She thinks she's just allowed to ""let herself right in."" Neat-o unique business, what a great idea! Must be such an awesome job to get t...view moreo play with so many different dogs every day. Our one dog is ENOUGH for us though!view lessProvided by Citysearch
The Pet Play House is wonderful. I take my cavalier king charles spaniel to them. It was so hard for me to leave him that very first time. I never let him out of my sight. After my first visit to the new location I knew it was the right place for him. I request that he be kept with the small sized dogs, because I don't want him to be trampled by the big dogs. The small dog day care has a yard where he can go to the bathroom and run around with his friends. He can also rest on do...view moreg beds and doggy lawn chairs. It is just so precious! It is perfect for my baby boy. Socializing him with other dogs has been a very rewaring experience. The men and women give excellent care to him and all of the other dogs.view lessProvided by Citysearch