03/14/2009Provided by Citysearch -
We've been members at Ladera for a little over 2 years. The kids swim program is top-notch, all the way from the swim school through the PSA and USA swim team programs. We've also had our kids in the tennis program and they've done well.
For us older folks (parents), we've been part of everything from the Masters swim program to twilight tennis and fitness classes. The pool, tennis, and fitness facilities are very good, though the locker rooms are small and very tired. This is getting fixed right now with a major renovation focused on the main building and locker rooms, plus an expansion of the fitness center.
We were introduced to the club by neighbors across the street, who had joined when their kids were young (they are now 40+) and we can see why they have stayed members all these years. This club is more of a community and family spot than most - which is obvious especially in the summer with all the families poolside during the day.
If you've got young kids, and like being involved with them, this is a great spot to get them into swimming and tennis. If you want a place where you drop your kids off at the daycare and work out, it's not for you.
Lastly, here's a quick rundown of the facilities:
- 25yd waveless deep lap pool (for adults)
- 25yd shallower pool (for kids) with diving L and alcoves for toddlers that are 1' deep
- 6 lit tennis courts with ball machines, pro shop, and tennis lounge
- Fitness center with 8-10 cardio machines, free weights, and resistance equipment
- Fitness classes and personal trainers available