Flying Pie Pizzeria
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Flying Pie Pizzeria of Portland, OR - hand tossed with pride! Why do our devoted customers keep coming back for more? If you want to sink your teeth into a mouth-watering pizza that uses only the finest and freshest ingredients and is made without using shortcuts, then you should give the dedicated professionals at Flying Pie Pizzeria a call.
Since 1984, we have been dedicated to offering the most delicious hand-thrown pizza, calzones, and hot sandwiches in the Portland metro area. We are proud to offer great food at reasonable prices with fast, courteous, and dependable service. Our pizza dough is homemade and hand rolled daily. With 34 toppings to choose from, our pizzas are customized to suit the specific tastes of each of our dine-in and carry-out customers.
Our menu also features:
- Hot subs
- Italian sausage
- Salad bar
- Beer and wine
- Gluten free crust available
- Custom slices between 11am and 4pm daily In addition, we also offer catering and banquet facilities. We have been selected as Portland's best pizza by CitySearch and AOLCityGuide. We will treat your family as if they are part of ours and will always aim to please. Give now to order you pizza!
- * 32 Toppings * Banquets * Beer - Wine * Call Ahead for Dine-In or Carry-Out * Calzones * Carry-out * Casual, Family Atmosphere Air Conditioned * Catering * Catering for 15-500 * Chicken Breast Pesto Sauce * Corporate Accounts Welcome * Corporate Functions, Weddings * Create Your Own Masterpiece * Debit Cards * Dine-In * Fresh & Hot From 4 Locations * Fresh Vegetables Are Cut & Prepared Each Day * Group Events * Hand-Rolled Daily - Wheat or White * Hand-Thrown Pizza with Pride - Since 1984 * Hot Subs, Calzones, Salads & Drinks * House Specialty Pizzas * Luncheons, Receptions & More * Old World Pizzas (Stuffed Baked Pies) * Rehearsal Dinners * Reunions, Office Parties, Sport Events * Salad Bar
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, visa, debit, mastercard
- 4 Locations in Portland, Lake Oswego, Gresham, & Milwaukie
- Montavilla, Southeast Uplift
- Pizza, Take Out Restaurants, American Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Restaurants, Delicatessens, Caterers, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Family Style Restaurants, Italian Restaurants, Restaurant Menus, Party Planning, Chicken Restaurants, Vegetarian Restaurants, Caterers Menus
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes
Alcohol: Beer, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Specialties: American Restaurant, Bridal, Weddings, Cruises, Banquets, Corporate Meetings, Family Events, American, American Food, Reunions, Offices, Parties, Receptions, Outings, Sporting Events, Rehearsal Dinners, Fiestas
Price Range : Average
Posted: 5/8/2011Provided by Citysearch -
We live in the area, so this place is convenient, but that's about all it has going. We've been quite a few times but the last time was just ridiculous. My boyfriend has a slightly out of ordinary name and he is used to people having a hard time pronouncing it. The pronunciation was so off that he didn't recognize it, so he waited quite a bit longer not realizing they had already called his name. So when he went up to grab the pizza he apologized. The guy behind the counter responded that maybe my boyfriend should change his name or use a different name to order with. To add insult to injury the pizza wasn't even good.
Posted: 4/25/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I gave them a 2 star because if they actually cook the pizza it can be good. If they dont? Just save yourself the hassle and take it home to cook it. They act like they are the only pizza joint in Portland. We love the quirkiness of the place and pizza is the kind we like. Thick crust, lots of big toppings, decent salad bar. But we have given them several chances to change their who gives a damn attitude and crummy service. I had emailed back and forth to the owner about the issues we have had with each location and I got nothing. Just a weak apology and a, ""I do the best I can, not much more I can do"" Not only did we not get at least a coupon for a free pitcher of soda for our troubles, we got taken off the birthday list so we no longer get the birthday coupon, Really? As for the other locations? The one in Tualatin Extremely rude! We were the only ones in the restaurant when a gal on crutches comes in. She orders, sits down at a near table. They call her. She tries to get up and has trouble. They holler even louder-looking straight at her and throw it down on the counter like he is so busy and bothered and walk away. I walk over, tell her to sit and went and got her the pizza and a drink. When I grabbed it I asked the guy wth is wrong with you?! Didnt you see she has problems? He snarled at me and walked away again. When I said something to the guy making pizza he said that was the manager. ??!
I work way to hard for my money to waste it on jerks. We will be locating the nice guy-loves their customers pizza joint who will apreciate us.
Posted: 1/21/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I called Flying Pie to reserve a pizza party for my son's birthday with 20 of his closest friends. The staff was absolutely wonderful to work with from 1st the phone call to how well they treated me and the party members. The food was delicious and the kids were able to just hang out and not feel rushed. I have always had good experience at Flying Pie and I and am so glad I called for this event!
Posted: 4/30/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I had memories of the awesomeness that was Flying Pie when I was in high school and apparently didn't know better. We used to hang out there all the time! Either it was lack of experience talking, or they've gone extremely downhill in the past 10-15 years. The decor is uniquely Portland. In that, I thought it was a great place to take some friends from out of town... but I was embarrassed by the time we left. The place just felt... dirty. Dusty, grimy, the tables were kind of sticky. And the pizza was not that of my memories. The crust was kind of yeasty - like the dough had sat too long. And speaking of sitting, it tasted like it had been hanging out a while too. Given how long it took for our order to come up, I imagine it was sitting for a while before they got around to letting us know. I wish I could take back this visit and have the memories of my youth untarnished.
Posted: 3/9/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I take the family + extended family out to pizza once a month. We like to try different places, but end up coming back to flying pie more often than not due to the consistently great tasting pizza. We know that coming to flying pie we'll get plenty of toppings on our pizza's and a nice atmosphere. The pies cost a little more than i'd like to spend, but you really do get what you pay for with this place. I've paid similar prices at other pizza restaurants (hot lips) and was very dissapointed. I like the decor + the candles at the tables. When your pizza arrives they're placed on special pizza holders over the candles on your table which helps keep your pizza warm while dining + making a nice ambience. We're going there tonight for $2 dollar tuesday movies at the academy theatre and then pizza at flying pie next door :)