Ernesto's Italian Restaurant
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Mike Ceccanti, owner of Ernesto's Italian Restaurant, grew up in the family restaurant business. His grandfather, Ernesto Ceccanti, emigrated to the U.S. in 1922 from the Tuscany region of Italy with his wife Emilia and opened the Monte Carlo restaurant in Portland in 1927. Eventually his parents, Elio and Lorie Ceccanti took the reins and opened a second Monte Carlo restaurant in Raleigh Hills in 1982. By age 7 Mike was making raviolis in his grandfather's kitchen, went on to learn more of the family secrets, and has been going strong ever since. It's no surprise that Mike has continued the family traditions of providing moderately priced casual dining with a healthy dose of Old World charm added to the mix. In 1987 Mike and his wife Jackie bought the Raleigh Hills Monte Carlo restaurant and renamed it Ernesto's Italian Restaurant in honor of his grandfather. Building on his family's traditional Italian recipes, Mike has added his own creations such as Seafood Fettuccini and Pasta Classico. While the offerings have evolved a little over time to suit the tastes of each generation, you can count on finding generous portions of good homemade Italian food in a comfortable environment. Here you'll find such classics as Spaghetti and Meatballs, Lasagna, Veal Parmigianino and Fettuccini Alfredo, as well as legendary homemade Pizza and Calzones. And not to be missed are our specialty soups, created by our own Chef John Schroeder.
- * Lunch * Dinner * Take Out * Salad Bar * Buffet * Pizza * Banquet Facilities * Meeting Rooms * Conference Rooms * Wedding Receptions * Wedding Rehearsals * Family Dining * Family Style Dinners * Corporate Meetings * Full Bar * Cocktail Lounge * Catering * Brunch (Special Occasions Only) * Homemade Soups * Steaks * Seafood * Daily Specials
- Buffet, New England
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- Raleigh West
- Italian Restaurants, Pizza, Take Out Restaurants, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes
Cuisines: Take Out, Italian, European, Continental, Pizza
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
12/02/2011Provided by Citysearch -
This is the best Italian food I've found in the SW Portland area in my 35 years here - the pizza is killer! Ravioli, salads, actually everything I have tried there rocks! Staff, atmosphere, and food are all top notch. Not that I want everyone running down to my favorite little hole in the wall so I can't get a seat, but......
08/22/2011Provided by Citysearch -
The bar section is great for after work or school with coworkers or friends. Love the atmosphere as well as the pizza! I'm a BIG fan of italian food so it was a nice setting for me anyways. This particular time i sat in the dining area because i was having dinner with my family. I love how there are two different sections but i enjoyed my food as well as the staff. Ive been to other restaurants with bad customer service and i can honestly say this is the best customer service ive ever been exposed to. This is now one of my favorite restaurants and i cannot wait to go back!!! All around 5 star loved it!!
07/22/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I just posted a review of Nonna Emelia's. I did not fully appreciate how good Ernestos was till I tasted the other half of the family fare. For two broithers that grew u p in the same house their representation of food is quite different. One is very good while the other is awful. Ernestos is worth your drive time. Don't waste your time at Nonna Emelias. Along with the food being below par their attitude, frankly, sucks.
06/30/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Ernesto's has, without a doubt, the best lasagna I've had anywhere around here. The other food is also terrific, especially the seafood fettuccini. Great service. Reasonable prices. Convenient parking. We go to Ernesto's every chance we get and are always glad we did. If you like good Italian food, served in a comfortable environment, give this one a try!
04/29/2011Provided by Citysearch -
YUM! this place is my favorite place in Beaverton to eat. The only con is they keep refilling the bread and i eat too much. everything has a very home made taste and feels like i am having a family dinner in Italy.
For the average dinner:
Real Italian food rely on the taste of high quality ingredients not spices. Many of my uneducated friends find this place bland where chefs and food lovers will rant and rave about the quality and taste.
03/06/2011Provided by Citysearch -
As a mother of 4 of which 2 are special needs we find Ernesto's a family friendly restaurant. The children are welcomed and treated as part of a great Italian family.
The food caters to the most picky eater (which we have) and to my husband who loves the spaghetti and meatballs. I have yet to find anything cafetria like. The only down fall is we live 27 miles away.