- General Info:
- 3 Locations: (1) 25941 Gratiot, Roseville MI 48066 - 586-776-3630 (2) 307 Starkweather Plymouth MI 48170 - 734-455-3334 (3) This Location listed above.
- Transmission Service & Repair..... all vehicles including cars, trucks, tractors, Manual Transmissions / Automatic Transmissions, Clutch Repair & Service, Front End Suspension Repair & Service
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, amex, visa, check, travelers checks
- Auto Transmission, Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair, Axles, Clutches, Transmissions-Other, Auto Transmission Parts, Automobile Electric Service, Auto Engine Rebuilding, Towing, Wheel Alignment-Frame & Axle Servicing-Automotive, Automotive Tune Up Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Parts, Supplies & Accessories-Wholesale & Manufacturers, Automobile Accessories
- Other Information:
Specialties: Imports, Vans, Sports Cars
Had my car in American transmissions looking for a front end noise recently. Guys called me and told me one thing was wrong, and that it would be $300. Car stayed overnight, I paid and picked it up the next day and drove home to find that the noise is still there, and has not gotten any quieter at all. Complete misdiagnosis. So I called him the next day and told him about it and he said I should bring it in and he'll take a look, so I dropped the car off at about noon the next day and received no call and that's when I decided to stop by and see what's going on. Upon arrival I found that they had not done anything to my car but drive it 40 miles and leave it with absolutely no gas. Apparently they didn't have time to look for the problem. The mechanic then informed me that these cars "just rattle" and that they're "throw away cars". I would not recommend this place to anyone, bad business, bad mechanic, no offer to help pay. Complete wast of time and money on my part. Will never return, i'd rather start fresh and pay someone deserving of my money for a proper diagnosis.
Customer was quoted a price to replace both complete strut assemblys . He stated that he only had $300.00 and requested that at this time we replace the strut mounts only and hopefully the rattles would all be gone! I told him as a courtsey I would credit the labor when he could afford the struts even though the same work would have to be repeted.
AMERICAN TRANSMISSIONS TOOK VERY GOOD CARE OF ME
I worried about taking my car in to be repaired and being a women and not very knowledgeable about car repairers I thought I might be taken advantage of. Well to my surprise this establishment is owned by a women.They took me in the back and showed me everything and explained everything to me so I could understand it.
Transmission repairs are expensive and I got mine repaired for $800.00 dollars less than the dealership wanted and. I was given a very good warranty .I found that the people were very honest and straight forward with me. I will never take any cars anywhere else and have recommended them to all family and Friends.
Worst experience ever. Got me in the door by saying "free diagnosis" then after the fact informed me that it would be $450.00. Found out later that the repairs had already been done to my car prior to my approval. The place is a TOTAL scam. When I finally got my car back (a week after they promised) it was in worse condition than when I took it in. I had to take it to a second place to have them fix the mistakes American Transmission made. Absolute biggest rip off ever. DO NOT GO THERE.
Unfortunately transmission repairs are expensive - a Pontiac Grand prix with a badly abused trans axle master overhaul with a nationwide warranty - and the rental car of the customers choice for the entire time. The price of $1750.00 was agreed on before repairs were started and legal authorization was obtained. the job was discounted considerably because of the customers finances. this customer drove away without paying the bill and had to be sued and found guilty in a court of law to collect the payment! I don't believe his wife heard the whole story.
I recently had the pleasure of services rendered at the American Transmission in Plymouth, Michigan. In short let me say 3 things.
1) That I was greeted professionally (not your typical mechanic with rags hanging out of their pockets and greasy hands).
2) They provided me with the best cost (I had visited over a half dozen shops before them and they saved me over $300.00).
3) They far exceeded their guesstimate of when my car would be ready.
I can honestly give them a rating of A+++++++++++
anytime you have car problems you get concerned about getting quality work and a fair deal. The guys at American Transmission in Plymouth rebuilt my transmission at a very fair price; had in done when they said they would; and even washed my car! I'd recommend this business to family and friends!