J. Timothy's is warm and inviting, and always lively. (The bar and loft can get a little loud on the weekends, so choose one of the dining rooms if you're looking for a more intimate setting.) Whether we order from the seasonal specials menu, or fall back on their fabulous burgers and wings, we're never disappointed with our meal. Portions are generous, so come hungry. My personal favorites are the "Dirty St... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
J Timothy's TaverneAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Located in Plainville, Conn., J.Timothy s Taverne has been serving the hospitality industry since 1985. It offers various starters that include crabmeat, fried ravioli, scallions, sandwiches, burgers, soups, salads and stuffed mushrooms. The restaurant s menu includes jumbo shrimp, spinach, scallops, cheddar cheese and pork chops with pesto sauce, lettuce and jalapenos. J.Timothy s Taverne specializes in salmon filet, baked cod, meatloaf, filet mignon, prime rib steaks, chips and chicken wings. It hosts several events, such as family reunions, corporate functions, church gatherings, wedding receptions and birthday parties. J.Timothy s Taverne features live entertainment shows fo renowned artists, including Dave Quick, Frank Valente, Victor Cowles, Greg Rose, Tony Gabriel, Ian Campbell and Martino.
- Restaurant, Daily Meals, Beer, Wine , Sandwiches, Soups, salads, Cocktails
- Payment method:
- visa, discover, all major credit cards, mastercard, amex
- Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Restaurants
Visited J Tim's for the first time tonight. Called ahead and was told there was no wait. Arrived and was seated immediately. Looked over the menu and waited for a waiter/waitress to come and take our drink order. 5 minutes pass, I'm wondering what's up. 10 minutes pass, a couple gets seated next to us and a waitress immediately takes their order. I don't appreciate being ignored so I get up and head to the reception ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I've been here before and while it was good, it wasn't the best. And forget about making reservations... I called early and was told that they only take them for parties of 6 or more. \r \r On this trip to J. Tim's, my boyfriend and I opted for their famous steaks. To be honest, we were pretty dispointed. Having started with onion rings as an appetizer, we were both put off at the fact that the server neglected ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I love J. Timothy's. I haven't been since their recent renovations, but their wings are always delicious -- both the buffalo and the terriyaki. I also love the honey bread they serve with dinner entrees -- delicious! Every time I've been to J. Tim's I have had great service. If you can, get seated in the downstairs/basement area. It's an intimate room with a fireplace -- it's very cozy, colonial and romantic. T... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Being from out of town, we had our local wing place back home, and wanted to find one here. We did just that, we read about Hartford areas best wings so we tried it out. The wings were meaty and so flavorful! We raved about the buffalo and the teryaki were wonderful too for something a little sweeter. Live music and a lively atmosphere... A definate must try! We will definately go back for , I m pretty sure,the ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
The place gets packed quickly during dinnertime. I highly recommend making reservations. If you are unable, seating is available upstairs, on a first come-first serve basis... so plan to arrive early!!! (well worth the wait if you do encounter a line)Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch