GREAT REPAIR SHOP! Had an emergency (my air conditioning went out) and Greg Clark went out of his way to help me out. He arranged for me to drop my car off on my way to work and even helped me out with a ride. The air works great and I couldnt be more happy. Since they were honest with me...I do recommend them...
Greg Clark Automotive
- General Info:
- Greg Clark Automotive specialists have been conducting business in the same location for going on 29 years now, operating out of an 8 bay repair facility at 19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road. Customer service is and always been the number goal of our business. Through the years Greg Clark Automotive Specialists has always maintained a high customer satisfaction index with AAA always above 93%. When you walk in our business we want you to feel comfortable with our staff as well as our recommendations. We will never perform repairs that are not fully explained to your satisfaction and approved by you the customer. We guarantee our repairs for 12 months or 12,000 miles and use only O.E.M. equivalent quality parts or better. Our technicians are ASE Certified and see 15 to 20 hours of update training annually. We have free customer shuttle service for your convenience and we can arrange for a rental car for extended repairs. We are a 1 stop shop from complicated computer or electronic diagnose to tires, wheels and accessories. We are a AAA Approved automotive repair facility in high standing as well as a AAA Emergency Services provider through our sister company Clarks Family Towing. We can pick you up when you're broke down, get you back home for your busy life, perform a quality repair on your vehicle and pick you up when it's finished.
- Acura, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler-Plymouth, Dodge, Firestone, Ford, GMC, Goodyear, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo
- Payment method:
- amex, check, debit, master card, visa
- Serving Central Phoenix at 19th Ave & Bethany Home - SWC - Easy Access to Light Rail System
- Auto Repair & Service, Tire Dealers, Automobile Electric Service, Brake Repair, Engine Rebuilding & Exchange, Auto Transmission, Windshield Repair, Tire Recap, Retread & Repair, Wheels-Aligning & Balancing, Auto Oil & Lube, Auto Engine Rebuilding, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Towing, Wheel Alignment-Frame & Axle Servicing-Automotive, Alternators & Generators-Automotive Repairing, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment-Service & Repair, Automobile Diagnostic Service, Automotive Tune Up Service, Radiators Automotive Sales & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Automobile Accessories
Greg Clark Automotive
AFTER COUNTLESS TRIPS TO THE DEALER TO HAVE MY F-250 POWERSTROKE FIXXED, WITH NO RESULTS, I FOUND GREG CLARK AUTOMOTIVE. I DROPPED MY TRUCK OFF TO HAVE MY ISSUE WITH LACK OFF POWER AND SMOKING LOOKED AT. EXPECTING THE SAME TYPE OF MULTIPLE DAY RUN AROUND THE DEALER GAVE ME, I WAS SURPRISED TO GET A CALL BACK THAT DAY THAT THEY HAD DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM AND HAD A PRICE QUOTE FOR REPAIRS. THEY ASKED IF THEY COULD REPAIR THE TRUCK AND KEEP IT OVERNITE TO CONFIRM THE REPAIR. THE NEXT AFTER...view moreNOON I PICKED UP MY TRUCK AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY ISSUES SINCE. THANYOU TO THE GUYS DOWN AT GREG"S.view less
I LIKE TO TELL OTHER CUSTOMERS ABOUT GREG CLARK AUTOMOTIVE, I WAS FROM OUT OF TOWN AND MY CAR BROKE DOWN IN PHOENIX, I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO AND SO I CALLED GREG CLARK AUTOMOTIVE TO SEE IF THEY COULD HELP ME AND THE PEOPLE WERE SO VERY FRIELDLY AND THEY REPAIRED MY CAR . IF IAM EVER TO HAVE MY CAR BROKE DOWN PHOENIX I WOULD HAVE IT REPAIRED AGAIN AT GREG CLARK AUTOMOTIVE BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD AND FREINDLY POEPLE THAT WORK AT THAT BUSINESS.
I went to this shop to have them look at my 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It wasnt giving me the Uumph that it used to give me so I wanted to have it looked at.
I let them keep the car overnight to look it over, and they called me the next day with a really big list of leaks. Just leaks so i was okay with it. The main leak that they said needed to be fixed immediately was my head gaskets. I paid them $700 to do the head gaskets and when they finished they told me they located a hairpin ...view morecrack in my block and that it could be as much as $4000 to fix it. I drove home and within 3 days the car began to leak like I have never seen it leak before. Pissing Oil!
I parked my car so I wouldnt damage it and I didnt have $4000. My car stayed parked for 1 year and 6 months while I saved up my money. I called a differant mechanic to just get the car started for me, and he took a look at the engine and found that (1) my head gaskets was installed incorrectly, (2) the right valve cover was bent, and (3) there was no crack in the block, they just left the screws loose on the valve covers.
This is totally unfair to the average consumer that knows nothing about cars. Always get a second opinion. I cant say the entire shop is fraudulent but at least the mechanic that looked at my car is a dishonest thief and I will never go to this shop again and I will never recommend this shop to a friend or enemy.view less
THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY ,FIRST THE COSTOMER NEVER HAD VALVE COVERS REPLACED AT GREG CLARK ALONG WITH THAT OWNER NEVER APPROVED A PROPER DIAG, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. OWNER CAME IN AND SAID MY CAR GOT SO HOT IT DIED ON THEM BUT IT RE-STARTED A WHILE LATER, SO THAY DROVE IT IN,THAY ASKED,CAN YOU TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT IT , SO WE DID WE FOUND THE COOLING SYSTEM EMPTY AND A COOLANT HOSE HAD CAME OFF, SO WE PUT THE HOSE BACK ON AND FILLED THE SYSTEM. THE CAR STILL RAN HOT, WE RECOMENDED TO CHANGE THE T-STAT OWNER DECLINED. A FEW DAYS LATER THE OWNER CAME BACK UPSET THAT THE CAR WAS STILL OVER HEATING,WE SAID YES YOU DECLINED REPLACMENT OF THE T-STAT. OWNER STATED THAY HAD NO MONEY AND THAT THAY WOULD TAKE IT HOME AND SAVE UP .A LITTLE WHILE LATER, WE SAW THIS ON THE WEB WE ARE SORRY THE CAR NEEDED SO MUCH WORK, BUT PLEASE DONT BLAME US FOR THE DAMAGE, BECAUSE THE OWNER DECLINED PROPPER REPAIR AND CHOOSE TO DRIVE THE CAR WICTCH CAUSED MORE DAMAGE.ALSO PLEASE CALL US IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WE HAVE BEEN IN ON THIS CORNER FOR 30YEARS NOT BYE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.WE ARE NOT PERFERT ,BUT WHEN WE MESS UP WE WILL FIX IT
I had them perform some repair work for me, and I found the quality of their work truly pathetic.
These 'mechanics' butchered my exhaust system, and sent the vehicle back out with the oxygen sensors unplugged, and coolant left nearly 1 gallon low.
A return visit to address the oxygen sensors resulted in them trying to sell an additional $260+ dollars to repair something that was working when I dropped it off. The torch-job they did on the exhaust may have fried this sensor. ...view more
On this visit, they didn't even manage to properly close the hood of the vehicle! Luckily, I noticed it and closed it before it flew up in traffic.
Save yourself the grief, and take your car someplace else.
But hey, they were very polite! And that earns one star.
---former customer---view less
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS TO OUR ATTENTION.WE THRIVE TO PROVIDE OUR CUSTOMERS WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR.WE HAVE MADE MANY CHANGES TO OUR QUALITLY CONTROL GUIDELINES AND POLICYS BEGINING WITH NEW MANAGEMENT AND HIGH QUALITY TECHNICIANS. WE HAVE BEEN ON THIS CORNER FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS, NOT BY RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. WE ARE NOT PERFECT AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVE TO YOU OUR COMMITMENT TO EXCELENCE.
Everything about this place is wonderful. Mike and Champ go above and beyond, making sure that the customer gets what they pay for. Customer service and vehicle service are exceptional. Any time my vehicle needs serviced, Greg Clark Automotive will be my one and only stop.