I came here a few weeks ago when I was in town visiting my brother, who is chef and loves doing tours and tastings locally. He and I came to the Wine School of Philadelphia for a class about wine pairings.\r \r We're not wine snobs, but I've always wanted to learn more about wine and as a chef, he's always looking for inspiration and this was a great way for us to sample a few wines and really have fun. Frank, th... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Wine School of PhiladelphiaAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Two time"Best of Philly" winner, the Wine School is the place to learn about wine. The school is the largest and oldest independent wine school in America. The school offers sommelier and winemaker programs. Programming lasts one semester for level one certification to two years for a full diploma. The school also offers wine and food classes to the public.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (215) 965-1514
- The school offers wine certification, sommelier programs, winemaking services, and wine tastings.
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, check, debit, paypal, visa, mastercard, amex, discover, diners club, carte blanche, jcb
- Located in Rittenhouse.
- Center City, Center City West
National Wine School
- National Wine School
Philly Beer School
- Bartending Instruction, Industrial, Technical & Trade Schools, Wineries, Wine, Educational Services
Came here for a wine class with my wife and we had a great time - didn't realize how much went into wine making and how to pair wine with different dishes. We ad a blast, the guy giving the class was pretty funny and it was a great way to spend the afternoon.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I work as a waitress part time for one of the more notable restaurants in the city and my boss sent me here as part of my training. In all my years of waitressing, I've never really grasped the full knowledge of wine - until now. It really helped me to understand the components and pairings. Very good beginners course.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I have worked as a sommelier for several years now, but I didn't have the proper papers or training. My employer FINALLY agreed to pay for my training, and I chose the Wine School. I attended the Foundation and Intermediate programs. I impressed with the programs and the instructors. I know they also offer wine tasting classes, but I have not taken any of those.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch