Star Career AcademyAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- SCA-Philadelphia occupies approximately 44,720 square feet of space and houses classes and clinical laboratories, including a simulated operating room. Each classroom is supplied with program specific equipment such as stress testing, electrocar- diography machines or dialysis machines. A special facility serves the paramedic program and utilizes life-saving equipment used in professional settings. A special facility serves the cosmetology program which includes equipment used in professional beauty salons. The Culinary programs have three commercial kitchens equipped for quantity cooking, baking and food preparation, and are linked to a dining room. The kitchens and dining room serve as the schoolÕs in-house food service establishment where students can demonstrate their skills while experiencing the pressures and rewards of meeting real-time expectations under the command of a professional chef. The school is well-lit, air-conditioned and provides a comfortable environment conducive to teaching and learning. Our learning resource center is available to the students, as is a student lounge, and ample free parking. SCA-Philadelphia also has a full service salon. Our highly trained students, who are always supervised by a licensed instructor, can enhance or transform your look. Whether you simply want a haircut, or youÕre looking for an entirely new way to style your hair, Star students are eager to assist. According to your requests and tastes, paired with their knowledge of the latest hair trends and best hair care products, they will skillfully cut or color your hair. In addition to these basic services, the Star Salon offers highlights and other color services, along with permanent styles. We have seven additional campus locations: Brick, Clifton, Egg Harbor Township, and Newark NJ; Manhattan and Syosset, NY; and Audubon, PA. *Continuing education programs are not approved under the scope of Star Career AcademyÕs institutional accreditation. SCA-Philadelphia is a branch of our Long Island campus.
- Programs Offered at this campus: Surgical Technology - This program is designed to prepare the student with the necessary knowledge and skills needed to gain employment as a surgical technician. Medical Assistant - The Medical Assistant Program trains students in the clinical and administrative procedures used by entry-level medical assistants working in hospitals, clinics, doctorÕs offices and other healthcare settings. Dialysis Technician - The Dialysis Technician Program is designed to provide the student with the didactic training in theoretical and clinical areas necessary for entry level employment in the healthcare specialty of nephrology as Hemodialysis Technicians. Paramedic Training - The Paramedic program is designed for the Basic Level EMT to advance his/her skills. Professional Pastry & Baking - After learning the elements of baking and pastry production, students are introduced to advanced techniques featuring artisan and specialty breads, specialty cakes and pastries, and advanced dessert production and presentation. Professional Cooking - This program emphasizes hands on training with special attention given to the practical side of professional food preparation. Commercial Cooking - Students learn the fundamentals of food preparation, quantity food production, and catering, through technical lessons, demonstrations and practical, performance-based training in a simulated employment environment. Hotel & Restaurant Mangement - We offer a series of Five-Star Hotel and Restaurant Management Courses. Students learn hotel management operations in a simulated, hands-on environment using industry-standard Opera-Fidelio software. Cosmetology - The Cosmetology Diploma program is designed to provide competency-based knowledge, scientific/art principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. Full Service Salon Services (supervised by licensed instructors)
- Payment method:
- cash only
- Next to Social Security
- Northeast Philadelphia
- Career Services The Career Services Department at Star Career Academy specializes in guiding students for externships as well as career placement after graduation. Resume writing and job search sessions go right along witn training in the Star technical medical courses, cooking schools, or any of the other Career Academy programs. Additionally, there are career guidance and school career fairs, where our Career Service professionals work with you every step of the way to give you the greatest chance at success. Placement Assistance At Star Academy you get more assistance than you would at any number of trade schools. Every program at the Star Academy includes career preparation sessions. We review hiring procedures, help write your resume and improve your employment interview skills. When you graduate, we will help match you with potential employers Ð many of who call on us throughout the year to fill available openings. Although we cannot guarantee employment, we have, over the years, built a placement record we are proud of. There is no additional charge for placement assistance, either when you graduate or at any future time you wish to use this service.
- Accreditation: Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) Approvals: New York State Department of Education Approval for Veterans' Training Approval for I-20 Status Job Training Partnership Act Pennsylvania Department of Health BONENT Approved Programs (Egg Harbor & Long Island Campuses) BONENT Certified Testing Center (Egg Harbor & Long Island Campuses) Suffolk County Dept of Labor ACCES Memberships: American Culinary Federation Foundation (Long Island, NY Location) American Hotel and Lodging Association National Restaurant Association International Association of Culinary Professionals Chambers of Commerce (Syosset, NY; Brick, NJ; Greater Philadelphia) Long Island Convention and Visitors Bureau and Sports Commission Long Island Hotel & Lodging Association We are a National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) approved testing facility and a National Healthcare Association (NHA) approved testing site. The career school accreditation, approvals, and memberships listed on this page apply to all the Star Career Academy campuses located in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylva
- Schools, Business & Vocational Schools, Adult Education, Industrial, Technical & Trade Schools, Medical & Dental Assistants & Technicians Schools