La Veranda RestaurantAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Upscale beautiful Italian Restaurant conveniently located on the Waterfront in Center City Philadelphia. Restaurant has an outstanding reputation in the community for over 25 years. Offering a taste of Northern Italy in Center City Philadelphia. Open 7 days a week. Major Credit Cards accepted.
- * Conveniently located to the Philadelphia area and the suburbs as well as South New Jersey and Delaware * Daily specials are always very unique. * Lunch and Dinner served daily. * Reservations are suggested, especially for the weekends. * They offer an extensive menu of classic Italian dishes as well as unique culinary dishes from Northern Italy. Catering/Banquet rooms are available varied menus to fit all budgets. Family Style and Buffet menus are available. They Accommodate For: * Baby Showers * Bridal Showers * Corporate Events * Holiday Parties * Luncheons for All Occasions * Rehearsal Dinners * Weddings View web site for full menu selections.
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- Center City, Penn'S Landing
Ristorante La Veranda
Michael's La Veranda Restaurant
La Veranda Ristorante
- Family Style Restaurants, Italian Restaurants, Mexican Restaurants, Caterers, Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch Restaurants, Restaurants
Eaten here at least 50 times over the past 6 years....only bad experience was filet mignon ordered rare and cooked medium/medium well (too browned). I shyly sent the tray back, and afterwards received my meal as ordered. Received the check and noticed the entree was missing, compliments of Tony the manager. I didn't ask for this (and honestly comped drinks or appetizer would have sufficed just fine)....but these... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Yesterday I went to LaVeranda's for the first time. I had always heard the food was terrific! Well, what I had heard was so true. From the moment I entered, I was greeted warmly by the staff. Our server was absolutely terrific! My dinner was equally as great! I will be a returning customer!\r \r And, being from South Philly originally, I welcome good Italian food when eating out. Of course nothing beats my m... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I have never written a review before but was very motivated to set the record straight when I saw two unfavorable, and in my opinion, UNFAIR reviews posted for La Veranda. We, too, are well traveled (Italy and beyond) and have dined in many fine restaurants abroad and in the States and to be honest, La Veranda remains one of our favorites year after year. On first impression many years ago, we were so impressed, we... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I travel all over the world, and have been to Italy more times than I can remember, so I know a bit about Italian food and good restaurants. I don't expect Italian restaurants in America to be as good as in Italy (although some exist), but I also don't expect to be charged three times the price for food that's far worse than in Italy! Just as an example, my caprese salad had tomatoes that had obviously been kept in... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
The food here is pretty much what I'd expect to get at a local diner. The sauces are from a can (if not, they sure taste like it) and the food is very bland and not cooked to perfection. On the upside, at least the atmosphere is nice (especially if you eat outside on a nice night). If they can improve their food, this could be a terrific place. For now, it might be worth coming just for drinks/dessert.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse