Institute Of Contemporary ArtAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Ever since Andy Warhol and his entourage caused a near-riot here in 1965, the ICA has been shaking up the city with shows revealing the latest trends in art today. Founded in 1963, the Institute of Contemporary Art ( ICA ) at the University of Pennsylvania is a leader in the presentation and documentation of contemporary art. Through exhibitions, commissions, educational programs and publications, ICA invites Penn students to share in the experience, interpretation and understanding of the art of our time. ICA has been instrumental in identifying and developing many promising artists before they attain prominence within the international art world, some of whom have included Laurie Anderson, Robert Mapplethorpe, Agnes Martin, Andres Serrano, Cy Twombly and Lisa Yuskavage. For 45 years, ICA has played a vital role in the regional cultural community by introducing the work of established and emerging international artists to Philadelphia audiences.ICA also offers Penn students an exclusive opportunity to rendezvous at ICA on the first Wednesday of every month as part of Penn First Wednesday. From 7-10 pm enjoy coffee-infused conversation, avant-garde film or popular music related to the exhibitions. Meet artists and other professionals in the field during "Ask the Experts, " a popular series at these events. See original performances by Penn's very own comedy troupes Bloomers and Mask & Wig. FREE with Penn ID. A Spiegel Fund event.The Institute of Contemporary Art is dedicated to providing students with invaluable opportunities to gain experience with a cultural and educational institution. There are several options available depending on your interests and level of commitment. Nevertheless, we hope that every opportunity at the ICA allows you the ability to gain a deeper appreciation for cultural presentation and a stronger understanding of what it takes to operate an organization such as the Institute of Contemporary Art.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (215) 898-5911
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa
- University Of Pennsylvania
- West Philadelphia, University City
- Museums, Tourist Information & Attractions