I've used them for over 10 years, bought 2 new units, electronic air cleaners (3), ultra violet air purification (3), had their routine maintenance numerous times. In the past few visits I've noticed a strong "upsell" mentality. Today I had a service call $90 plus $143 for a drain clean. Took the tech 20 minutes. That is an outrageous price. I'll be looking elsewhere from now on.
American Air & Heat Inc
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- American Air and Heat is a family-owned and operated company dedicated to providing local residents with reliable HVAC services and products. After 30 years of experience, we have established ourselves as experts in the industry and always striving for 100 percent customer satisfaction. Our skilled team of N.A.T.E. Certified, Carrier factory trained technicians and installers service all standard air conditioning and heating products in Orlando. We also service and install specialty products, such as Ductless Air Conditioning, Indoor Air Quality products, Duct Cleaning, Attic Insulation and environmentally sound refrigerants and state-of-the-art thermostats.
- Business History
- Since our company was founded in 1986, American Air & Heat has remained a family-owned and operated business. Dan Boni founded the business because he saw a need for an honest and reliable air conditioning company to serve his hometown of Oviedo, Fla. In recent years, his son Matt Boni has taken over the family business and is now the President of the company. As American Air & Heat’s customer testimonials prove, Matt continues to put his community first in everything that he does. While a lot has changed since 1986, our mission is simple: provide only the best air conditioning services and products to residents and businesses in Orlando and throughout Central Florida.
- Duct Repair & Service
- Air Conditioning
- Service & Repair
- Carrier, Commercial, Residential
- Payment method:
- check, debit, financing available, visa, mastercard, amex, discover, all major credit cards
- Price Range:
- See Our Coupon Offers
- Serving Orlando and Surrounding Areas
- American Air & Heat has fully stocked trucks for installation, service and light commercial work. We also provide monthly service maintenance for commercial customers as well as annual maintenance for residential customers.
- BBB, NATE Certified Technicians
- Heat Pumps, Air Conditioning Equipment & Systems, Air Conditioning Service & Repair, Heating Contractors & Specialties, Heating Equipment & Systems, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems
I use to use this company all the time but have not been inpressed in the past. Selling me upgraded cleaning to say it will fix and issue and it doesnt. Come to find out due to new type of units they should have added more air flow to the Carrier they installed and that would have fixed all the issues with it freezing up... not the hundreds of dollars they charged me yearly when it would freeze up. They also sent out a tech in place of a sales person who did not know how to answer m...view morey questions and he was 45 minutes late. Even though they are a USA company, customer service is very important to me. JBview less
I will never, ever use these people again...been using their services for many years because I got tired of being ripped of by shysters All the people, especiallly their techs are superb. But beware of the so called "supervisors"----you will deal with arrogance of a third dimension and they (I should say "he" because I do not know the prick's name) are so above you and so defensive and for get that I was the one that paid $12,000.00 for a 3 ton unit, duct work and insulation. I wi...view morell never deal with this company again because "HE" said that I offend him and to go elsewhere. Supervisors will NEVER , in their arrogance, ask what is the problem, what happened or give an explanation. Paid $700.00 for an electronic filter, and $143.00 for a box of 4 filters, and had even a second unit from them. The high priced one was the last. I am so sorry that I dealt with this company because of the "arrogant royalty" sitting in the front office . They sure forget who puts the scheckles in their pockets. And JATDUBYA1269----you got a good deal---I had my work done in January 2012. I guess the big shots needed a higher cost of living.view less
American Air and Heat has been servicing my Trane heat pump for 12 years and today they installed a new Carrier heat pump. They have always been very professional and prompt. They always call to let you know they're on the way or if there will be a delay. Techs always put the shoe covers on before coming in the house. Today I must have asked 30 questions during the install and they patiently answered every one. Their annual maintenance fee is fairly priced and a heck of a good dea...view morel if you system has problems. They are an excellent company!view less
Worse response to AC issue. They are a bunch of thieves! I WAS CHARGED $198 FOR JUST IDENTIFYING THE ISSUE. Warning!!!-My AC stopped cooling one day and I was referred to American Air and Heat inc. First day, they told me a technician will be there between 3 and 7pm, i left work to accommodate the service time, it started storming and they had to reschedule for the next day, they told me a technician would come out between 9am and 1pm, (more time off of work), the technician came at no...view moreon, spent over an hr just to identify the issue and charged me $198 for JUST IDENTIFYING THE ISSUE! HE DID NOT EVEN FIX ANYTHING!!!. I got charged $55 for the service fee just for them to show up to my home and then $143 for a leak search diagnostic check. I had not been told about these fees in advance and the technician did not ask me if I wanted him to perform a costly leak search check.view less
In response to Jaydubyah1269. If you spent 5 days of your vacation time from work and wasted all the time during a 5 month period of time as well as had to deal with the way things went here (mainly duct work) phone calls back and forth you would understand.
I had American Air and Heat Install an entire new system 8/16/12. All duct work and entire Carrier system as if I never had air before over $6000. BIG MISTAKE! they have been back to my house 4 times,had to modify or repair syst...view moreem 3 times. failed inspection one time, had the inspection canceled by the inspector one time and to this day 12/8/12 I still do not have proper paperwork for the job and have not passed inspection. You cant call the owner he will not take any calls. What does that tell youview less
@ DonLois - Your review seems a little unfair. $6000 for a new Carrier system and all duct work and they've come back 4 times to make sure that the job is up to your satisfaction. OK, so you didn't pass the inspection the first time around, but to give them one star for that seems small. Just my opinion.
My experience with them was quite the opposite. I had a new Carrier system installed last month and it was mostly perfect. They arrived after 9AM as I requested, worked non-stop all...view more day to get my air back up and running. When they were finished, they cleaned up better than when they arrived. My wife was completely impressed with how clean everything left. The only problem that we've had was that the unit stopped running the next day after it was installed (Sunday). We called them and within an hour Chuck arrived and took care of the problem. (the new thermostat had malfunctioned) We haven't had any problems since and the unit runs perfectly. We also passed our inspection with no problem. The inspector from Orange County had a very high opinion of American Air's work too. Thanks American Air and Heat!view less
I called American Air and Heat because my heater went out. It's very old but they were able to fix it and get me some heat. The young man, jason who came out was very polite and worked quickly. My heat is running better than ever. Thank you American Air and Heat.
I had been using another air company for 5 years, but decieded to try American due to a coupon I had recieved. Wow what a difference. I was amazed to see the attention I recieved and how they went over everything. Definately my company from now on. Mrs Tina R