Alafaya Trail Pet Oasis
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (407) 542-4951
- Alafaya Trail Pet Oasis offers boarding, grooming and doggie daycare services for Cats and Dogs. In additions it offers a fantastic retail space that allows pet owners the ability to shop for nutritional diets, engaging pet toys, flea and tick prevention and many more of your pet health products.
- Payment method:
- debit, check, cash, all major credit cards
- Located on Alafaya Trail, 1.5 miles north of UCF and right next to the Alafaya Trail Animal Hospital.
- Seminole Terrace
- This newly built facility was designed by Veterinarians with the outmost attention to our "guests" well being. Everything from the Boarding Suites to the flooring materials were hand selected to meet the highest standards of care and safety. Incorporating both outdoor and indoor "play" areas, the Alafaya Trail Pet Oasis will offer your pet an opportunity to exercise or "lounge" around under any weather conditions. Our state of the art "Spa" offers the right ambiance for your furry friends grooming needs.
- English, Spanish
- Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Grooming, Pet Services, Pet Sitting & Exercising Services, Animal Health Products, Pet Training, Dog Training, Dog Day Care
- Other Information:
HORRIBLE EXPERIECE! Was quoted $45 to $55 agreed to pay $55. Walked out paying $80. It's an extra charge for EVERYTHING!!! Full spa package $55 and if you don't want what's included too bad!!! Once you have your appt you sign a form saying if they find fleas on your animal its an extra $25. So that you know they actually found the fleas on your animal, they made sure they put the TWO fleas in a vial to show me. I guess they thought I wanted to take it home as a souvenir! Disgusting!!!! Oh and thank God my dog was manageable because if not an EXTRA charge for that. Oh and thank God my dog wasn't matted because guess what EXTRA charge for that!!! They said no more than 4 hours well they kept my dog 4 1/2 hours and she didn't even need much done in the first place!!!!! All I asked for was for her coat to be evened out well my dog was shaved down to her bare skin!!! Horrible and definitely feel like I was totally taken advantage of!!!! They will never have my business again!!! BEWARE of all the EXTRA charges they find to tack onto your bill! THUMB DOWN!!!
We love this place! Our dog is groomed here ona regular basis and we've used the boarding faclities as well. The staff is extremely knowledgable and professional. The outdoor play area for the dogs is very spacious. We trust them with our dog because the owners are Veterinarians and what better place to leave your dog boarding than one where they truly know how to care for them. Highly recommend it!
06/04/2009Provided by Citysearch -
Duprey - Nice. Will spend time and I think he does care. However, he ""forgot"" a quote he verbally gave me for a feeding tube of ""$40-50 but not more than $100"", which turned out to be $175 but he ""discounted"" to $125. When challenged, he ""couldn't remember"" what he said.
Lannes - I don't know if she is new and doesn't have a clue or what. Our cat was ""assigned"" to her and after one appointment and several phone calls, we moved him to Dr Duprey.
We had a cat that quit eating. She felt dental surgery may be needed, but refused to do anything until we paid $350 to a cardiologist to have a MRI done. She suggested nothing else.
When we took him to Dr. Duprey, he put him on antibiotics, an IV, and showed us how to feed by syringe. AND scheduled dental surgery (which went fine) without the need for a cargiologist.
We left this facility after 7 years and thousands in payments because we were given a written estimate for surgery for a 15-year-old cat and then the presented a bill which was 75% higher ($725 vs. $414) than what was quoted IN WRITING. They offered a discount to $621 which was 50% MORE than their WRITTEN quote.
I work from home; at no time did they attempt to contact me for approval nor were they given written or verbal authorization to proceed past the amount quoted.
Their office manager, Sarah Jennings, said Too Bad - So Sad.
Thank goodness we took him elsewhere. Found out the feeding tube they installed was MUCH TOO SMALL and totally inadequate. Also the bandage around his neck was too tight.
What should have been a 5 minute feeding was taking 30-40 minutes 4 times a day because of the wrong size.
By the way, while I was challenging the increased bill, someone called in complaining about their outrageous pricing. Since I left, I found that their food is 33% more than other vets and their office visits about 25% higher.
For that you get people who don't know what they are doing and don't live by their WRITTEN estimates.
I urge you to shop around.