McShane & McShane Law Firm PA
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- At McShane & McShane Law Firm, P.A. in Orlando, Florida, attorneys Neal T. McShane and Meghan McShane-Davis have more than 40 years of combined experience. We represent individuals and families throughout Orlando and the surrounding area in a range of legal matters. We provide professional, compassionate legal support as we aggressively pursue the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Business History
- Neal earned his bachelor's degree from Kent State University in Ohio and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law. In 1980, he graduated from the Investigation and Prosecution of Organized Crime and Fraud Program at Cornell Institute on Organized Crime, Cornell University Law School. Meghan graduated from Lake Brantley High School in Longwood before earning her bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Florida in 2001. She attended the University of Florida for graduate school as well, earning her Juris Doctor degree from the Levin School of Law and her Master of Arts in Mass Communications (M.A.M.C.) degree from the College of Journalism and Communications in a joint degree program. Meghan served as a Certified Legal Intern at a Virgil Hawkins Family Law Pro Se Clinic during law school. She was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2006 and joined her father in private practice.
- Criminal & Civil Law, DUI, Drug Charges, Drug Trafficking, Probation Violation, All Felony and Misdemeanors, Domestic Violence, Family Law, Probate, Wills, Trusts, Family Mediator, Business Law Criminal defense An accusation of any type of crime can devastate you and your family. For more than three decades, our firm has stood by clients facing charges for a broad range of misdemeanors and felonies. The importance of seeking prompt legal aid after an arrest cannot be stressed enough. Without the counsel of a skilled criminal defense attorney, your rights may be violated, you could face costly fines and you might lose your freedom. With the assistance of a dedicated and knowledgeable team of Florida Registered Paralegals (certified by The Florida Bar), our lawyers work diligently to defend clients facing minor and serious criminal offenses, including: •Drug crimes — An arrest for possession, distribution, manufacturing or trafficking of any drug can seriously damage your future. In addition to facing such penalties as prison time, fines and rehabilitation, you could suffer terrible consequences to your personal and professional life. •DUIs — If you are stopped and arrested for driving under the influence, consult with an attorney immediately. Contrary to popular belief, DUI cases are not open and shut. With the right legal counsel by your side, you greatly increase your chances of avoiding a criminal conviction. Our lawyer knows how to challenge field sobriety tests and chemical tests, and works doggedly to clear your name. •Sex crimes — A sex crime accusation of any nature can destroy many lives. It is, therefore, vital that you deal with charges of sexual assault, Internet sex crimes or any other sex crime immediately. •Violent crimes — Our lawyer routinely provides effective counsel to clients charged with assault, domestic violence and homicide. We understand the stakes in your violent crime case and work tirelessly to uncover evidence to build a solid defense for you. •Property crimes — Conviction of a theft crime, even a petty one, can have dire consequences on your future. If you’re convicted of burglary, grand theft auto or another property crime, you may lose your freedom and you will have a criminal record. Our legal team combines cutting-edge methods with decades of experience to devise the best strategy to protect your rights. •White-collar crimes — White-collar crime cases, such as embezzlement, fraud, tax evasion and Internet crimes, are not victimless. Prosecutors often try to make examples of the defendants of such crimes. If you’re accused of a business sector or white-collar offense, you could face a lengthy prison sentence. Our lawyer has extensive experience representing clients facing criminal prosecution for the most complex and serious white-collar crimes. Family law In addition to criminal defense, our firm serves clients in family law. We recognize that such matters as divorce, estate planning and paternity require skilled, understanding legal counsel. Our lawyer remains on the forefront of matrimonial law, with considerable experience in collaborative divorce and mediation. Other practice areas We also counsel clients on many areas related to business law. Whether you need help with the formation of a business or require assistance with a business litigation matter, our legal team offers you knowledgeable advice. We regularly assist clients with resolving complicated and heated breach of contract disputes.
- Former MBI Prosecutor / Assistant State Attorney. Rated AV Preeminent 5.0 by Martendale Hubbell. Over 25 Years Experience.
- Payment method:
- cash, check, all major credit cards
- Central Business District
- Central Business District
- Orlando media law attorney Attorney Meghan McShane-Davis has a Master of Arts degree in Mass Communications. She earned this as part of a joint degree program in law school at the University of Florida, and she specifically concentrated on the area of media law. Consequently, our firm is prepared to assist clients in matters related to: •Defamation •Entertainment law •Libel •Slander •The Sunshine Law Civil and business law firm We take the time to learn not only about your business and industry but also about your company’s place in the market. We then combine that information with our legal knowledge and experience to provide sound advice that helps you successfully grow and maintain your business. Whether you’re starting your first business in Orange County or you’re an experienced entrepreneur, you benefit from our business law attorney’s savvy guidance that consistently protects your best interests. We represent small and medium-sized businesses in matters involving: •Business formation •Business planning •Buying and selling businesses •Contracts •Operating agreements •Partnership agreements •Shareholder agreements •Waivers Contracts law in Florida We handle all aspects of contracts, including: •Breach of a contract or an agreement •Drafting of contracts •Contract review •Contracts litigation
- Florida Bar Association,Neal McShane: Memberships: Orange County Bar Association Florida Bar ◦Criminal law section Florida Bar Association Central Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys Association Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Ohio Bar Association Association of Trial Lawyers of America (former member) Meghan McShane: Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, 2014 Memberships: Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida Orange County Bar Association The Florida Bar ◦Criminal Law Section ◦Family Law Section ◦Young Lawyers Division American Bar Association Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (former member) Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (former member)
- Attorneys, Criminal Law Attorneys, Family Law Attorneys, Business Law Attorneys, DUI & DWI Attorneys, Divorce Attorneys, Drug Charges Attorneys
- Other Information:
Free Consultation: Yes