Our family has been with Wentz Stables for 15 years. The facility and staff are world class, having trained and taken its customers to compete and win at world championship events. There is two generations of Saddlebred experience that has trained beginners and champions alike. The amazing part is that have no stuffy attitude like some other barns we have seen. There is genuine sportsmanship and friendship; everyone at the barn is treated equally, regardless of experience. They ho...view moreld summer camp every year to give children, many who do not own a horse, an amazing opportunity to learn about horses, ride them, care for them and engage in great wholesome activities. They are kind generous people who are never to busy to answer questions or help. Children are given responsibilities that help build character and confidence in a warm family environment. Having been with them for 15 years, we see the effects first hand. The facility has two outdoor and one massive indoor arena, a large rack for grooming horses. The stalls are impeccably maintained as are the grounds. The horses are regularly worked and treated exceptionally well. Prices are very reasonable. We feel fortunate to have access to such a great facility and people. - Jim Horton and Lynn Finelliview lessShare Review
Wentz StablesAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Open 7 days a week 8:00AM till 9:00PM Family owned and in business for 30+ years lead by usef licensed judge tara Wentz GOOSLEY. Indoor ARENA. Multiple outdoor rings. RIDING/DRIVING tracks. 50 stall Barn. Trails located on the property. 4 well maintained pastures. Customer Lounge with wifi and tons of additional amenities.
- Wentz stables offers horseback riding lessons. Summer DAY camps. Youth clubs. Birthday parities. Stall boarding with daily turnout. And full care training. We are an award winning riding program with a focus on FUN. Safety and learning proper horsemanship skills. OUR customers range from young beginner first time riders. Older retirees looking for some leisurely enjoyment. Advanced show riders competing AT the local and national level. AS well AS horse lovers that are just here to pleasure ride their horse AT a well maintained facility. There is something here for everyone in a wonderful social atmosphere! visitors are always welcome!.
- Located just 3 miles from Interstate 78 near the intersection of RT. 100 and Kernsville Road. From I78 head north on Rt. 100 for 2.8 miles. Pass through stop light at Kernsville Road and make your first right onto Windy Road. Turn right onto Skytop Court and Wentz Stables is located at the end of the cul-de-sac
Wentz Stables & Training Fclty
Wentz Stables & Training
Wentz Stables & Training Faculty
- Horse Stables, Horse Boarding, Riding Academies, Stables, Horse Rentals
Its a great stable, the barn is very clean and the grounds are excellent. If you are a horse-owner, this business might be for you; however, if you just want riding lessons, with no commitment to ownership/boarding, find a different stable! Wentz caters to horse-owners and has terrible customer service towards folks that only want riding lessons. They don't distinguish between private and group lessons - prices are set the same at $40/hour - and both types of lessons only run for 20...view more minutes - if you are lucky! A few of my daughter's lessons included 15 minutes of ride time with one trainer and up to 3 other riders...for $40 --- really ??? On top of that, anyone could clearly see that the trainer focused on the owner/boarder riders. I really felt taken advantage of and when I tried to address my concerns about the training and pricing, they got very defensive and told me that I was "lucky to only be paying $40 an hour, that is costs a lot more to run a lesson". On top of that, to end the discussion, Tara Wentz-Goosley (an owner) looked at her watch and said that she'll only continue talking with me if I "pay another $40" since I was taking up her "next time-slot". It was 4:30pm and she was leaving for the day --- no customer appreciation whatsoever !!! I'm now looking into Manito Equestrian Center and Rockin' Horse Stables.view lessShare Review