Grand Fortune Chinese CuisineAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Here Are Some Items On Our Menu: House Specialties: Honey Walnut Shrimp - Jumbo shrimp deep fried w. chef's special sauce. Honey walnut on the top. Amazing Shrimp - Shrimp stir fried w. snow peas, carrots, mushroom and baby corn in a spicy savory sauce. Crispy Shrimp - Jumbo shrimp fried w. our exquisite Hunan spicy sauce on the top and sautéed broccoli on the side. Sautéed Shrimp and Scallop - Jumbo shrimp and scallops sautéed with onions, carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, and baby corn. Sizzling Scallop - Fresh whole scallops deep fried to golden brown, blended with garden greens in our house special sauce, serving with the sizzling platter. Ma La Seafood - Fresh scallop and shrimp sautéed in our house special pepper corn spicy sauce. Amazing Chicken - Chicken breast meat stir fried w. snow peas, carrots, mushrooms and baby corn is a spicy savory sauce. Three Flavors Pork - Sliced tenderloin pork deep fried to golden crispy, then glazed in three flavor sauce. Triple Delight W. Garlic Sauce - Shrimp, chicken and scallops w. water chestnuts, carrots, celeries in a hot brown garlic spicy sauce. Triple Delight - Shrimp, chicken, and beef sautéed with mixed vegetable. Happy Family - Jumbo shrimp, scallop and chicken with broccoli, mushrooms, carrots in an exquisite white sauce.
- Take Out Restaurant
- Dim Sum Available Daily
- Specializing in Cantonese Style & Schezwan style
- Chinese Cuisine
- Catering service available
- Payment method:
- mastercard, amex, check, debit, diners club, discover, visa
- Lakeside Plz
- West Omaha
- Chinese Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants, Caterers, Asian Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Take Out: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Alcohol: Full Bar
Parking: Lot, Valet, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
My husband and I gave Grand Fortune a second chance after a less than mediocre first try. We have heard such great things about this place we decided to give it another whirl. When I walked in to pay for my take out order, I was treated as some sort of leper and rushed out the door without any sort of acknowledgement because I was take out. That really wouldn't have bothered me, except for how wrong they got our order. My husband's Sweet and Sour Chicken was soggy and tasted microwaved...view more. My Tangerine Beef did have a wonderful sauce, but the coating on the beef was so soggy that it really didn't matter what the dish had on it... the texture of soggy fried meat it not a pleasing mouth feel.
On top of it all, they forgot to give us our order of crab rangoon. The one thing I was really looking forward to eat (because it was the one thing they did well the first time).
Basically, you want to avoid this place if you like peas, carrots, and onions in your fried rice... if you want a sweet and sour sauce that doesn't taste like orange punch.... if you want to be appreciated for your business, even carryout.... or if you want to be assured that your food is not microwaved and will have a crunch when you bite into it.
But... they do have fantastic fortune cookies.view less
My wife and I have been going to Grand Fortune Restaurant for at least eight years now. We found it by accident before we moved to Omaha I have frequented Chinese restaurants all my life having lived on both the East and West coasts, and it is by far consistently the best I have experienced The freshness of the food and their willingness to customize it is amazing. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Their VIP card makes it much easier to dine there more frequently.
I am ...view morecurious about the earlier 3star review -- perhaps they are talking about some other restaurant. Grand Fortune's Dim Sum is regularly served only on weekends during the "noon meal"view less
This is by far my favorite restaurant in Omaha for oriental. Wonderful locally owned venue that is always neat and clean. Food quality is excellent and far less expensive than what you will spend at the chain restaurants such as PF Changs, etc.Share Review
Grand fortune is my favorite for Chinese. It is clean and efficient. It is locally owned which is very important to me and the prices are very reasonable.
My top five.
Chinese: Grand Fortune ...view more
Italian: Pasta Amore
Seafood: Toss up between Prestige and Bonefish
Mexican: Anything in south Omahaview less
i first started going to this place because they used to serve dim sum in the mornings. the dim sum was fairly decent and not easily found in omaha. after a while i tried the dinner dishes too. they weren't bad and offered a few nice diversions from the regular chinese dishes you will normally find.
however, the food quality has been slipping as of late. overall, the dishes didn't taste as fresh or as inspired. i must have caught them on a bad day on my most recent visit, as th...view moree time it took to be at least greeted by a server and handed a menu was far too long. i think it took about 2 hours before my family and i were able to leave.
the dim sum may be still good, it's been a while since i have tried it, but this is a place just like the rest of chinese restaurants in this town... average at best. i will be generous and give it 3 stars only because of their ambition to serve dim sum.view less