Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles
- General Info:
- Uhuru Furniture is project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF), a 501c(3) non-profit black community led organization. APEDF develops and institutionalizes programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development faced by the black community. APEDF funds an Uhuru (Freedom) House Community Center in East Oakland and St. Petersburg Fla. to organize around the issues that the African community is confronted with. The Akwaaba Halls are housed at both Uhuru Houses and are available to the community for receptions, funerals and other events for very reasonable rates. Also in Florida there is the TyRon Lewis community gym with aerobics classes, wellness seminars and the Kids Fit Camp plus the Uhuru Jiko commercial community kitchen. APEDF also sponsors many educational programs as well as campaigns for economic development, including health fairs and flea markets.
- Payment method:
- amex, atm, check, diners club, discover, master card, visa
- Price Range:
- $5 up
- Across the street from Safeway
- Lakeshore, Lower Hills District
- Green America, Green business Ally
- Children's Furniture, Furniture Stores, Antiques, Used Furniture, Gift Shops, Thrift Shops, Home Furnishings
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Price Range : Below Average
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is one of a few places left where your can find outstanding well-made gently used furniture for a great price. I have purchased everything from French himoges chinz to pottery barn rugs for a song. The staff is wonderful and the cause even more wonderful. Be sure to buy a vegan blackberry pie at their annual pie drive. It will be a spiritual experience!
With today's economy, you owe it to yourself to see what Uhuru is all about, save lots of money, and help humanity.