Cuong Nhu Redwood DojoAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Cuong Nhu Redwood Dojo has offered traditional martial arts training to the Oakland community since 1992. With classes at the Redwood Heights Community Center, we provide serious, ongoing training in a beautiful facility, at a very low cost. Redwood Dojo is founded on a simple, straightforward love of martial arts skills and training—no boasts, no gimmicks, no fads. We welcome adults of all ages who share the desire to sweat hard, challenge mind and body, continually learn and improve themselves. Our children's program welcomes any child whose parents support them in trying an art that's both serious and fun, while offering a lifetime of rewards. Founder and head instructor D. Goodman has more than 35 years' experience in martial arts, holds the rank of Rokudan (6th degree Master) in the art of Cuong Nhu, and previously trained for many years in both Taekwondo and Aikido. A staff of dedicated black belts and brown belt students assists with the classes.
- Redwood Heights, Lower Hills District
- Our Children's Program offers age-specific and mixed-age classes, with kids 6 & up attending two to three times per week. Separate classes are provided for advanced kids and teens. Our program for children age 4.5-5 meets one day per week. Please visit our website for more details; some kids' classes have a waiting list. Our Adult Program welcomes new students who are able to attend regularly at least two days per week. Check the schedule, and feel free to speak to the instructor about your options. Also check the website for the next Free Workout date if you wish to try a class. Visitors are welcome at any time. We also offer an Introduction to Self Defense seminar by special arrangement for Girl Scout troops, mother-daughter groups and other organizations.
- Martial Arts Instruction, Exercise & Physical Fitness Programs