My dog had vomited a couple of times overnight and wasn't acting right by morning, but I thought he had just been chewing on grass or something in the yard. I waited thru a day of this before I thought I better take him to be looked at, and my delay nearly cost my dog his life. Little did I know but he had eaten a piece of trim edging off of an old quilt - the cloth had gone partially through his digestive system and become a 'linear foreign body obstruction' that was cutting off circulation as well as blocking his intestine. Jack had to have sugury immediately and wound up having to have his bowel resected after the obstruction was removed. It was a very serious condition that I had made worse by not acting quickly. I felt terrible about it, but no one here ever judged me. I was able to stay by Jack's bed the whole time while he was recovering, and although it was probably awkward having me be around so much, everyone was tremendously understanding and very supportive. Thank you Dr. Lauren and Dr. Matt and all of the many AEC staff that helped take care of Jack. I spent a lot of time there sitting with Jack in your hospital and I watched how responsive and caring you were not only with my dog, but with all the many other pets that I saw come into your hospital. While I hope I never have to come back for a problem like this again, I know exactly where to go for help with any of my pets.