We used to love to shop Kmart in various locations. Then they closed all the ones closest to us. So we started shopping at the Nottingham Kmart. Our first visit there should have warned us off. We were shopping for a Christmas tree and found the perfect one at another Kmart location but it was the last one and another customer was already buying it. The manager called around to several different stores but all were o... view moreut. Then she called the Nottingham store and they said they had one left and would hold it for us if we were coming straight there. So we drove almost an hour to get there and all they had was the display. We were willing to pay full price even though it was a display but they said they weren't allowed to sell displays. Then they turned around and sold it to an employee right in front of us. We were so mad we left the cart full of stuff we had chosen to buy while waiting for the manager. Since then, everytime we go to this store we have problems. First the store is dirty, dirty, dirty. SOme items on the shelves are so dusty dirty it looks like they've been setting untouched for years. The aisles are always blocked by either cart loads or boxes of stuff the employees left sit or things have been thrown all over the floor by other customers or their kids and the employees just leave it there. The employees are lazy and on the rare occasion you can find one on the floor they are downright rude. Then there's the fact that something always rings up wrong and the cashier can't or won't remove the item before continuing with the sale. They make you pay and then go fight customer service for a refund. Also they are not very handicap friendly, in my opinion. They have 2 beat up motorized chairs in bad need of repair. These chairs are not kept near the entrance door. I have a hard time walking and yet I have to come into the store, go all the way around the registers, find an unblocked empty lane and go around to the exit doors to get to the chairs and hope one has a good charge. Then go back through the registers and back into the store to do my shopping. This alone has limited how often I shop there. The last straw was when we recently went clothes shopping for the kids. Most of the items came off the clearance racks so I asked about their return policy on clearance items if they do not fit. They said as long as we had the receipt there would be no problem. So we come back a few days later to return some of the items that did not fit. They started off with an attitude and proceeded to scream and curse at us very loudly. They called us liars and said we did not purchase a shirt there and accused us of trying to scam them. We showed them their original tags still on the shirt and the matching item on the reciept and they griped a bit more quietly and moved on to the next item. They started scanning items and manually changing the prices to give us a lower amount then we had paid. They tried to say we didn't pay that price. They punched in different numbers from items we did not buy, instead of scanning the tag so they could once again give us a lower amount back. Then items that they did scan were ringing up wrong and they yelled at us for that too, like we have control over what their computers/registers do. All items still had the original tags and clearance tags still on them. There should have been no problems and even if there were a problem, you DO NOT treat a customer like that, not at all. That was our last visit to that store and you can bet we will never go back.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Mr. Tire Auto Service CentersAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- On The Rim & Out The Door® is our revolutionary pricing policy. A traditional tire dealers tire prices do not include installation. On average, this costs $68 extra on a set of four tires. We include all necessary installation services in our tire prices. This includes: Mounting & Balancing, Valve Stems, Tire disposal, Transfer of the tire pressure monitoring system (a safety feature on newer vehicles), Alignment Check, Free Lifetime Rotations and our 30 day price and ride guarantee. Each day we shop our competitor’s stores and, if necessary, we’ll adjust our prices to insure they are the lowest TOTAL prices in the area. Product for product, quality for quality, service for service. If you find a better price on tires or automotive service, we guarantee to beat the competitor's price before you buy. If, within 30 days of your purchase, you find the exact same tire or automotive service's TOTAL price advertised for less than ours, we’ll refund the difference.
- Extra Phones:
To be connected to the store nearest you: (866) 696-7847
- A/C Service*, Air Filter, Alignments, Battery, Brakes, Breather Filter, Canister Filter, Cooling System Service, C-V Boots/Joints, Engine Analysis, Engine Tune-Up, Exhaust System, Fan-Accessory Belts, Fuel Filter, Fuel Injector Cleaning, Muffler, Oil Change Service, Oxygen Sensor, PCV Valve, Power Steering Flush, Rear Axle Bearings/Seals, Shock Absorbers & Struts, State Inspections*, Steering Parts, Suspension Parts, Tire Rotation, Transmission Maintenance, Universal Joints, Wheel Bearing Repack/Seals, Wiper Blades *= Select Stores
- BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Falken, Firestone, General Tire, Good Year, Hankook, Kelly Tires, Michelin, Pirelli, Runway Tires, Yokohama and others.
- Payment method:
- amex, check, master card, visa
- Store hours may vary by location
- ASE Certified
- Tire Dealers, Auto Oil & Lube, Brake Repair, Auto Repair & Service, Shock Absorbers & Struts, Automotive Tune Up Service, Brake Service Equipment
We used to love to shop Kmart in various locations. Then they closed all the ones closest to us. So we started shopping at the Nottingham Kmart. Our first visit there should have warned us off. We were shopping for a Christmas tree and found the perfect one at another Kmart location but it was the last one and another customer was already buying it. The manager called around to several different stores but all were o... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse