North Hollywood is a great place to live and there's a lot of apartment complexes offering a "luxury" experience. I'd suggest trying ANY of the ones that aren't Muse. Here's some issues we had
* The hot tub leaves you smelling and your skin itching
* Elevators broke all the time. On Thanksgiving all three were out at once
* During our move out inspection we were told not to worry, the place looked fine. They then gouged our security deposit doing all the things they said didn't need to be done.
* The on site management is lazy. Asking them for help with anything
* FedEx delivered a package and after a few days we hadn't received it. After pressing management they finally went to a back closet where a ton of packages were just hanging out and there was ours, sitting on top
* After a year the raised our rent and tried to lock us into another year. If we wanted to go month to month our rent would have gone up 33%!
* They had an issue where people were breaking into cars in the parking garage but didn't have cameras to catch the person.
* The building is on a very loud corner and traffic noise was a constant problem.
* They have specialized keys and won't give you more than two. Want one to give to you significant other? You have to put them on the lease!
* Our apartment often smelled like weed which flowed in from the neighboring apartments.
PLEASE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO LIVE IN NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LIVE IN ANOTHER APARTMENT BUILDING!