I can't say enough how much I love these gals. Seriously, they are family to my two boys and I. They do an amazing job with special requests, and are very knowledgeable about tons of pet stuff. When I go away, I board them in their facility. It isn't posh like some other places, but they get attention just as they would at home. Sydney and Sheldon (and their mom) would be lost without Donna and the crew. Worth EVERY penny.
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Hello! My name is Debra Izzo and I am the owner of The Dirty Dawg located at 1867 Newbridge Road in Bellmore, NY. I would first like to thank those in Bellmore, Merrick, and surrounding areas, who are already my clients; now I would like to introduce myself to those who do not know me. My career started at The Willow Pet Hotel and then proceeded to Dog Grooming by Rachel where I worked for 11 years. Some of you might know me from Rachel's as "the tall blonde", "the barefoot lady", or "the lady that grooms cats". Some have asked why I would open my grooming shop in Nassau County when I live in Suffolk County. For me the answer is simple, after working in Nassau for 11 years why would I open anywhere else? I have developed great friendships with the residents of Nassau County, and their pets. My goal is to have a small shop that is personal and friendly. The Dirty Dawg is a family business dedicated to our clients, our motto is: Any and all breeds are welcome. We offer a customer referral program as well as other saving opportunities. We also have gift certificates available. Our store hours are * Tues - Fri 7:30am - 6pm * Sat 8:30am - 4:30pm we are closed Sun & Mon. After hours you may leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I look forward to meeting new clients and helping you care for your pets. 20+ Year Experience
- Services Offered: * Bath and Brush Out * Cat Grooming (All Breeds Welcome) * Dog Grooming (All Breeds Welcome) * Doggie Day Care * Haircuts * Nail Clipping We offer many different haircutting solutions. Please find more information in our Haircuts section or call for more details * Anal Glands * Ask About Our Referral Program * Cleanup * Discounts for New Adoptions and Rescues * Ear Cleaning * Locally Owned and Operated * Online Photo Gallery * Sanitary * Walk-Ins Available * Warm and Comfortable Atmosphere Discount: * Mention This Online Ad and receive $5 off for First Time Customers
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, check
- "Serving Nassau & Surrounding Counties"
- North Bellmore
- Pet Grooming, Pet Services, Dog & Cat Grooming & Supplies
Obviously these ladies love animals! You see it and feel it upon entering their store. It was a big decision for me to switch groomers for my baby who has been groomed at the same place since he was a puppy. Honestly, I just wasn't feeling the love and the price kept increasing! Debbie and her staff are lovely to both humans and animals and they charge an appropriate rate for their services. I hope I remain this satisfied for the rest of my baby's life.
I bring my dog to get grooming and she always looks and smells great. My ruby loves to go and get lovi g from these ladies. They also now do boarding. I was able to go on a vacation and not worry about her being nervous about me leaving her behind since its and environment that she already now.
We brought our dog and it was horrible! They ruined my dog and gave her 3rd degree burns! It took 3 weeks to start to heal. We went to another groomer after and they said they fired those women bc they were too harsh with the animals and they vowed to destroy her business! If u love your dog do not bring them there!
If in fact we had given any animal 3rd degree burns, would you not think I would have gotten sued or at the very least gotten the vet bills? Neither of these things have happened. We remain with a clear conscience on this manner. When in doubt ask your Vet or your neighbors. My belief is that this review was written by one of my competitors in the attempt to discredit me.
We have been bringing our dog Cooper to the Dirty Dawg for about a year now. Cooper is a Havanese and about 20 lbs. They always do a great job when we bring Cooper in!! They get him done quickly and call when he is ready. We are very happy with their services after trying to find the right fit for over 3 years!
Thanks again Dirty Dawg!
I would like to let pet owners out there know that not only does the "dirty dawg" treat dogs, but they also treat other pets. They have been taking care of my black lab mix for 2yrs now, believe me he is hairy and being he hates the heat in the summer they do a GREAT job shaving him, cleaning his ears, and cutting his nails-he comes home smelling good and looks very handsome. I have to also let you know that I actually bring my 15lb. RABBIT to them. Every now and then he ne...view moreeds his nails to be cut. So just because you might not think that your hamster or gerbil needs to be groomed, they still have nails that grow and need to be trimmed. They do state that" they don't just treat dogs", so you may want to inquire about what animals or birds that they also take care of. They are very accommodating to your and your pets needs.view less
I tried numerous groomers within the area and the cut at Dirty Dawg is always great. I've had my poodle cut here three times now and each time the cut is PERFECT...He comes out clean, neat and always cut exactly as I've asked for him to be. He is not an easy customer to groom and gives them a bit of a hard time but they manage to get it done. I think everyone should give them a try. --Bonnie--Lucca's Mom
I am always pleased with the services that I receive at the Dirty Dawg.
They did exactly what my mother asked them to and gave me a great summer cut while still maintaining my cute puppy dog look.
I smelled great for days.
Looking forward to my next visit - Tanzi
Exceptional service. Not only did my maltese look good but the dogs on the tables looked so cute with their haircuts. The dogs are very spoiled here my maltese loves to go there she gets so excited to see Debby. I do not worry when she's there cause not only will she get spoiled but she will look good and smell good also. I reccommened them highly.