Dr. Travis Stork: My Five Favorite Places to Get Healthier:
- Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club - Durham, NC - "I love visiting the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club in Durham, NC. The Inn is across the street from my alma mater, Duke University, and a short walk to one of my favorite running trails in the country, The Al Buehler Cross Country Trail."
- Fess Parker Wine Country Inn and Spa - Los Olivos, CA - "Surrounded by wineries, the Fess Parker Wine Country Inn and Spa is the perfect spot to enjoy a bike ride. I start the day by riding the Figueroa Mountain loop, one of the most famous Santa Barbara County climbing routes. After the strenuous leg and lung buster ride, I like to enjoy a glass of wine in town.
- Lodge and Spa at Cordillera - Edwards, CO - "I love this place because it's so peaceful and quiet. The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera offers great amenities, including a top-notch fitness facility and a beautiful spa. Plus, it's just down the road from Beaver Creek and Vail ski resorts, providing plenty of opportunities to stay active, no matter the season."
- The Grocery Store - Wherever I am - "The grocery store is one of my favorite places to go for health and wellness whether I'm at home or on the road. It's the perfect place to stock up on healthy snacks such as almonds, yogurt and fruit. As most people know, I'm big on oral health as part of maintaining overall health, so I often swing by the oral care aisle for products to restock my bathroom cabinet and toiletry bag when I'm on the go."
- YMCA - Somewhere near you - "I love the friendly atmosphere and mix of patrons at the local Y. It's such a great place to get a workout while being a part of a community. My favorite is the YMCA of Middle Tennessee due to the great facilities, recreational opportunities and family friendly environment."
Click the bookmarks on any of the listings above to add them to mybook >>
Want more sound advice from Dr. Travis Stork? Follow him on Twitter @TravisStorkMD.
Find a quality physician near you. »