Home Improvement Super-Pro, Bob Vila:
- Anyone embarking on a home improvement project would be so lucky to have Bob Vila as their wingman. But since he can't be everywhere at once, I asked him to share some of his personal go-to reno resources. So even if you can't have Bob spotting your power-saw technique, you can have him lead you on the right path to project success.
- Hall Hardware - West Palm Beach, FL - "I'm a multiple dweller and right now I'm in my home state, Florida. Here in West Palm Beach we have Hall Hardware, which is a terrific place with a true hardware store feel, great service and just about anything you could possibly need. My preferred alternative to the big-box home improvement center."
Find a hardware store near you »
- Uncle Bim's Garden Center - West Palm Beach, FL - "Another one-of-a-kind is Uncle Bim's, and they are really a source for all sorts of garden needs, from pots and tools, to fertilizers and insecticides. And you can always get sound advice on gardening problems."
Find a garden center near you »
- E.C. Cottle Inc. - West Tisbury, MA - "If I'm in Massachusetts, Cottle lumber yard in Tisbury is also a true old-fashioned yard with up-to-date service and materials. Many of the local carpenters and contractors depend on them."
Find a lumber yard near you »
- Alley's General Store - West Tisbury, MA - "Alley's General Store carries a great selection of home repair and fix-it stuff along with great food and novelties, and beach toys for the kids."
- Gracious Home - New York, NY - "When in Manhattan in need of parts there's Gracious Home, where the hardware department is an awesome source for apartment dwellers."
Find a home decor store near you »
For nearly 30 years Bob Vila has been an expert in home repair and renovation. He's hosted multiple TV shows, including 'This Old House' and 'Bob Vila's Home Again,' and is the author of 12 books. Get more advice from Bob on his website, bobvila.com or follow him on Twitter @BobVila.
Start Your Reno Now:
Find a handyman »
House painting »
Roofing contractors »