Roast Portabello Mushrooms With Lime Cream Cheese: The Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 hours
- 8 portabello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons (25g) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the lime cream cheese
- 5 ounces (150g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celcius/Gas mark 6).
Remove the stems from the portabello mushrooms, arrange the caps on a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme, and some salt and pepper.
Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened. Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, mint, lime zest and juice, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the lime cream cheese on top of the mushrooms and serve.
Find the ingredients at a market near you. »