Josh Galliano's Five Favorite Restaurants in the U.S.:
- Cleveland-Heath - Edwardsville, IL - "I can't break away from the restaurant for a dinner, so I love that their menu is the same at lunch and dinner. Jenny and Ed have a lot of fun dishes on their menu, and my favorite is the okinomiyaki with shrimp, shaved bonito and BBQ sauce."
- Sylvain - New Orleans, LA - "The dining room has a classic bohemian French Quarter feel with a fantastic patio. The food is even more amazing after you peer into the small kitchen off of the patio. Alex Harrell's food is warm and inviting with interesting dishes like braised Waygu beef belly and buffalo sweetbreads."
- Pearl and Ash - New York, NY - "The cozy dining room aids sharing the small plates but I had trouble sharing any of the dishes I ordered. The food is smart, balanced and beautifully plated. While many of my favorites might have changed by the time you go, that just gives us all more reasons to go back to taste what is new from their kitchen."
- Peche - New Orleans, LA - "By far, this was the best meal I ate last year. Maybe it was the company but it definitely was the food. Ryan Prewitt is making phenomenal food sourcing impeccable Gulf seafood. Try the shrimp toast or the crab and eggplant gratin, and try to save room for a whole roasted fish or tuna collar!"
- Big Bad Breakfast - Oxford, MS - "Truthfully, go to any of John Currence's restaurants. I travel between St. Louis and New Orleans all the time, and Oxford is a nice break from the drudgery of I-55. I'm a sucker for the Coca Cola fried chicken, grits and house smoked Andouille."
Josh Galliano is the multiple James Beard-nominated Executive Chef of The Libertine in St. Louis, MO.
For more tasty chef recommendations, check out "My Five Favorite Restaurants in the U.S", where James Beard winners, Top Chefs, Iron Chefs all sound off on their top eateries.