3-Alarm Vegan Bacon Cheeseburger: The Ingredients
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of liquid smoke
- 4 vegan burger patties, defrosted (we recommend Gardein Beefless Burger)
- 8 slices vegan bacon or smoked tempeh
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya vegan pepperjack cheese or your favorite vegan cheese
- 4 to 6 tomato slices
- 4 to 6 red leaf lettuce leaves
- You still have 2 alarms left. Here are some suggestions to choose from:
- Sliced pepperoncini
- Slices of Daiya jalapeno garlic Havarti wedge
- Spicy kimchi
- Any of the millions of hot sauces out there, including the beloved Sriracha
- Sliced jalapenos
- Chipotle peppers
- Hot salsa
- Lightlife Smart Deli pepperoni
- Spicy mustard
- Jerk sauce made with red Scotch bonnet pepper
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit.
In your cherished little cast-iron skillet or frying pan, heat the olive oil and liquid smoke over medium heat.
Add your vegan burgers.
Flip your vegan burgers a few times, until they're brown on both sides.
Pull them out of the skillet and then use the same oil to fry up your vegan bacon.
Once the vegan bacon is crispy, place it on top of the vegan burgers so any smoky flavor goes into the burger.
While the vegan burgers and bacon are cooking, put your burger buns on your trusted pizza stone, open and face down, and place in the oven.
Remove when they're slightly toasted.
To build your burger: take the top half of the buns off the pizza stone and set aside.
Flip the bottom half of the buns over and stack your burger, a few pinches of vegan cheese, and the vegan bacon.
Put the burgers back in the oven to bake.
It should take 10 to 15 minutes for the vegan cheese to melt. Keep an eye on it, and remove from the oven once the vegan cheese is melted.
Then stack the tomatoes, lettuce, and your favorite alarms on top and serve with a glass of something cool.
Find the ingredients at a market near you. »