- World Beer Festival »
January, April, July, October
- Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina - All About Beer Magazine brings the World Beer Festival to four locations throughout the year, with more than 125 breweries from around the world participating at each. Here are dates for upcoming fests:
Cleveland, Ohio - July 13, 2013
Durham, N.C. - Oct. 5, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. - April 2014 (TBA)
Columbia, S.C. - January 2014 (TBA)
- Vermont Brewers Festival »
- Burlington, Vt. - Good ol' New England brews and views. Taste beers from more than 30 regional breweries, including a few from Quebec. The two-day festival, hosted by the Vermont Brewers Association, draws about 10,000 attendees to Burlington's beautiful Waterfront Park every July (usually the second or third weekend). Dates for 2013 Festival: July 19-20.
- Oregon Brewers Festival »
- Portland, Ore. - In a state that doesn't just celebrate a beer week, but an entire beer month (July), you know it takes its brews seriously. Join more than 70,000 to sample craft beers from more than 80 American breweries, learn the craft in homebrewing demonstrations and stock up on beer memorabilia. The festival always take place the last full weekend in July. Dates for 2013 Festival: July 24-28.
- WaZoo »
- Tampa, Fla. - Ever year, several thousand brew fans trek to the WaZoo beer festival to raise money for Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo, which has been rated #1 Best Zoo for Kids by Parents magazine. Taste more than 200 beers from more than 50 breweries while enjoying food samplings and live music. Note: Animals are not on exhibit during the event, but proceeds go to support all the critters. WaZoo usually takes place the first Saturday in August. Date for 2013 WaZoo: August 3.
- Great Taste of the Midwest »
- Madison, Wis. - Consider yourself one of the truly "high brew"? The Great Taste of the Midwest caps its attendance at just 6,000 to make the experience as beerful as possible for true brew fans -- who can enjoy beers from more than 100 brewers without the hassles of long lines. You must buy your tickets in advance, either via mail order or in person. No tickets are sold at the gate. The festival takes place the second Saturday in August. Date for 2013 Festival: August 10.
- Great Atlanta Beer Fest »
- Atlanta, Ga. - Taste more than 150 beers at Turner Field, with brews from Georgia and across the country. One $50 entry ticket covers all your beer samples -- so there's no annoying drink-ticket math to ruin your experience. Watch college football on the plaza's huge screen (it's a 33-footer) while sipping your suds, or just revel in repeat scoops of beer ice cream. The fest takes place in early September. The dates for the 2013 festival: September 7.
- Great American Beer Festival »
- Denver, Colo. - Roughly 50,000 attendees pack into the Colorado Convention Center for tastings of more than 2,200 beers from more than 450 American breweries, in an event that some call "Beertasia." The festival has become so popular, it sells out more than a month in advance. So remember to get your tickets early. "North America's Greatest Beer Celebration" takes place mid-October. The dates for the 2013 festival: October 10-12.
- Kona Brewers Festival »
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - Eager for a tropical beer trek? Take a true beercation on the Big Island of Hawaii. For more than a decade, the Kona Brewers Festival has been growing in size -- and charm -- with more than 30 American brewers participating, including roughly a third from Hawaii. Sample beers near the Pacific, enjoy Hawaiian entertainment, feast at a brewer's dinner, or "test your hops" in the Homebrew Competition. The festival also raises funds to support Big Island causes. Toast the aloha spirit the second Saturday in March.
While some beer weeks are anchored by a major festival, others include schedules of beer tastings, tours, events and specials at bars and restaurants throughout a city. We brewed up only a short list from across the country.
DC Beer Week - Aug. 11-18, 2013
LA Beer Week - Sept. 19-29, 2013
Denver Beer Fest- Oct. 4-12, 2013
Cleveland Beer Week - Oct. 18-26, 2013
San Diego Beer Week - Nov. 1-10, 2013
SF Beer Week - Feb. 7-16, 2014
New York City Beer Week - February 2014 (TBA)
Milwaukee Beer Week - April 2014 (TBA)
American Craft Beer Week - May 12-18, 2014
Philly Beer Week - May 30-June 8, 2013
Seattle Beer Week - May 2014 (TBA)
Chicago Craft Beer Week - May 2014 (TBA)
Oregon Craft Beer Month - Every July
Top Beer Festivals Across America
Sure, many of America's largest festivals have their beer tents and beer gardens, often quarantining the brew-enthused behind chain link fences and wristband guards, but few are dedicated to brews and brews only. Make a beer trek to some of the best beer festivals in the country, from elite "high brew" fetes to laid-back citywide beer weeks.