Tasty Spots to Prep Your Picnic Before the Show
Open sky. Stars on stage. Spreads of food. It's a Hotlanta tradition. Whether you're planning to go see Pat Benatar, John Legend, Daughtry, or Boyz II Men & En Vogue this summer, the outdoor concerts in Chastain Park just demand the perfect picnic. Foodie up on your way to the park at these nearby spots jonesing to fill your baskets and coolers with the tastiest grub for your show.
Click on the business names to get more details and to add them to your mybook collections.
- Proof of the Pudding - Bourbon steak, pecan panko chicken lollipops, summer orzo salads, smoky salmon BLTs... Mmm. You can order gourmet dinners ahead of time online, and Proof of the Pudding will have them packed in a cooler and waiting for you at Chastain. Plus, you can opt for party packs with wine glasses, table cloths, and battery-operated fans.
- Alon's Bakery & Market - A longtime go-to spot for blanket-friendly dining, Alon's offers packed picnics, gourmet dinners in a box, and a range of platters for salads, sandwiches, and hors d'oeuvres. Shop the bakery and market on-the-go or plan ahead for a perfect spread (some prepared orders require a 48-hour notice).
- Star Provisions - The stellar chefs behind Bacchanalia offer gourmet take-out via Provisions To Go. Order from a seasonal menu of fully prepared entrees, robust salads, picnic-friendly side dishes by the pint or half-pint, baked treats, and a renowned selection of artisan and imported cheeses.
- Café Agora - Cool your summer appetite with light Mediterranean take-out, a breezy complement for vino and Hotlanta nights. Nibble and dip on pita, hummus, tabouli, haydari, and baba ganoush, along with skewers of picnic-friendly kebabs.
- Farm Burger - For heartier take-out, build your own burgers (made with grass-fed beef) or foodie up your picnic basket with simply southern sides, like Farm Burger's deviled eggs, chicken pot pie fritters, boiled peanuts, and sweet potato hush puppies.
- Savi Provisions - With more than 500 labels of beers in stock, Savi will have brew aficionados fist-bumping for a growler-style picnic. Also pack up artisan cheeses, deli meats, sandwiches, wraps, salads, and a range of gourmet chocolates to bring out the best in any hops.
- Tin Lizzy's Cantina - Aside from stocking up on fresh guacamole, queso, and salsa, make a pit stop for a stack of "flex mex" quesadillas, from Philly-style to Buffalo chicken and black bean. Also flex out your side-dish spread with fried jalapenos, fried pickles, and bacon-cilantro slaw.
- Cellar 13 Wine Merchant - Oenophiles, rejoice. The owner of Cellar 13, John Passman, is Buckhead's best "wine guy," and he's only a short cork-pop from Chastain. Choose the perfect bottle for your picnic from his personally curated wine selection.
- H&F Bread Company - "Fresh Bread Everyday," just as their sign says. And that's why it's a compulsory stop for the perfect picnic mainstay. Baguettes, croissants, rolls, and an ever-changing selection of doughy goodness in a bakery focused on quality, not quantity.
- Piece of Cake - White chocolate layer cakes, red velvet cupcakes, ginormous chocolate chip pecan cookies... The sweet, sweet goodness goes on and on. Picnic like you mean it with the most important course of any meal: dessert.
Perfecting Your Chastain Park Picnic
Foodie up for an Atlanta summer tradition.