Wharf Bar and Grill
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (212) 490-7291
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, amex, discover, master card, visa
- Midtown Manhattan, Midtown, Murray Hill
Wharf Bar & Grill
- American Restaurants, Bars, Seafood Restaurants, Taverns, Night Clubs, Barbecue Restaurants, Bar & Grills, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Cuisines: Barbecue, American, Seafood
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Price Range : Average
The Wharf is one of my favorite bars in NYC. Reasons why I enjoy it so much: Riley is the best bartender ever, the nachos are my favorite in NYC and they give you gauc so you don't have to pay extra for it, there are more than 16 different beers on tap, every day they pick two beers to be priced at $3.50 all night so you can enjoy drink specials in NYC that aren't just bud and bud light (I've consumed many $3.50 Hoegaardens), Saturday night every beer on tap is $3.50, Wednesday they ...view morehave $1 tacos if you get hungry, if you cater an event here, they treat you really well and it is super easy to work with them.
Wharf, all I ask is that you fix your bathroom on the second floor. Many nights I've spent in line before realizing someone isn't in the bathroom, but the door is just stuck.view less
I LOVE the Wharf- it started out to be a bar of convenience- being it is a block from my apartment, but after a few Sunday football games it became a regular hangout spot. \r
The wait staff and bartenders are super attentive and friendly...the food is amazing- they turn an average bar menu into delish eats- my personal fav are the handmade pretzels- highly recommended!
Quite simply, I love the Wharf. It's been my go-to bar for over two years and I keep going back time and time again because it offers the best deals with the best atmosphere in the city.
Let's get to the specifics:
1) Hands down these are the best nachos I've had in the city...and I've tried a lot. I'm always open to new nacho suggestions, but those that I've tried have paled in comparison. What makes nachos good? First, a solid topping to chip ratio. I want a heaping amoun...view moret of toppings spread pretty evenly over my chips so that I get a lot of topping on each chip/bite. I hate it when I'm left with a bunch of soggy chips without toppings, and I never face that dilemma when I'm at the Wharf. I love the chili, the shredded cheese (not manufactured & liquidy), jalapenos, guac, sour cream and salsa on the side...just the whole package. But the best part? They're only $8!
2) Every hour of every Monday - Saturday, there are ALWAYS two beers on special so that a pint will only cost you $3.50. Friday at 11 pm, Tuesday at 1 pm, doesn't matter...you will always have the chance to choose between two pints of beer for $3.50. Worried about Sundays? No need to...you can get Bud or Bud Light pints for $3 all day long.
3) Wednesday and Friday nights they have $3 bottle specials, often Miller Light or Michelob Ultra...this also makes me very happy.
4) Waffle fries = delish. Wings = delish. Chicken fingers = delish. Prices? Even better...everything is under $10.
5) Bartenders/waiters: these guys are awesome. They're very friendly (as are the owners who are often there), quite attentive and they have good personalities, so they talk/hang out with the patrons. Riley, my favorite bartender, is easily half the reason that I keep returning.
6) Tuesday you can get a pound of mussels marinara with a garlicky roll for just $6. Sounds a little sketchy coming from a bar, but I've tried them and they're great! Maybe just a bit too salty, but hey, they were only $6..
There are other wing deals, taco deals, shot deals, etc., but those are some of my favorites. I've also been there twice for NYE and had a great time both years.
I love a good deal, but what's really special about the Wharf is the atmosphere. While it's located in Murray Hill, it doesn't have that frat boy vibe to it...it's more of a young professional crowd, and for the most part people are friendly and easy-going. I can dress quite casually and never feel out of place, and amazingly I can always get a table (even on Friday after work) in the back deck area.
They have a great deck that's open in the warm weather months and closed up during the winter. Granted, it can get quite chilly back there and we have to wear our coats Nov - Feb/March, but it's usually fine if there are enough people around you and if enough drinks are going down.
I think I've gushed plenty. But what can I say? I'm a girl in love.view less
I agree with ""watchmesparkle"" , this is a beer pub. Not for corporate professional happy hour patrons i.e. do not bring contract clients here. The owner must make lots of money on food because they are definitely losing money at the table and bar for alcohol. There were groups of young, loud , rude people standing around talking , watching TV and not spending money. nursing one draft beer for hours.
Search no further! Wharf is the idea place to hold your next party or gathering. Every year I spend hours searching for a spot to throw Bday parties for my friends and this one is the best I have found. \r
This year (May 28th) I had a Bday party at Wharf for my Hubba. We reserved the upstairs, outside space for 25ish (about 2 months in advance - I spoke with Jim he's very helpful! He even named the day's shot DAVE after my Hubba. How special. Yay!) The party kicked off at 6pm and ...view morethe space already had reserved signs in place to make sure we did not have to awkwardly ask others to leave. The managers, staff, and bartenders are very attentive and in good spirits! (sometimes rare to find ;) The beer specials and $1 tacos made every guest feel free to indulge and enjoy without money worries. And the space - the space rocked as if we were actually at wharfside. It was our own private paradise of outdoorish bar space and even had a private bar section to belly up to. AND there was no added charge for the area. Amazing and Thank you Wharf. :) Everyone had a blast.view less