Animal Medical Center
- General Info:
- The Animal Medical Center, located in New York City, is a nonprofit, veterinary hospital for small animals. The hospital is approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association. The hospital utilizes technologies, such as magnetic resonance imaging, and offers advanced imaging suites for treating kidney failure in dogs and cats. Its services range from standard medical management to kidney transplantation and dialysis. The center also offers clinical trials, such as DNA canine melanoma vaccines for treatment of cancer in dogs and undertakes animal body composition studies. The center provides online information about kidney transplantation and facilities for scheduling appointments. The Animal Medical Center also provides undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate educational opportunities through various programs in clinical veterinary medicine, including veterinary clinical and technician internship programs. The Animal Medical Center offers 24-hour routine medical treatment, specialist opinions and emergency care services.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (212) 753-1951
Phone: (212) 838-7053
- Upper East Side, Upper Manhattan
Bobst Hospital-Animal Med
The Animal Medical Center
The Bobst Hospital
Animal Medical Ctr
- Veterinarians, Pet Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Pet Specialty Services, Veterinary Specialty Services
- Other Information:
Specialties: Reptiles, Felines, Bunnies, Avian, Rabbits, Doggies, Dentistry, Kittens, Canines, Exotics, Puppies, Cats, Dogs, Birds
Excellent care and outstanding follow-up. It was a great experience, and Dr. Palma could not have been more helpful and informative. I also really liked that everything was faxed to my dog's vet downtown consistently without me having to ask. I had heard that in the past the AMC was not good at all with follow-through and details such as this, but I am very happy to say that that is clearly no longer a problem. I would not hesitate to recommend AMC to anyone at all.
I have been two AMC three times, twice for emergencies and once for a follow-up after an emergency visit. All three times I received very good care and found the staff to be compassionate and helpful. Dr. Moore in particular was terrific and very helpful in responding to my questions over email.
It could not have been more helpful, kind and efficient. Every person we came in contact with was very professional and kind. I have never had such a positive experience with health care of our animals or my family and friends, for that matter. Drs Jennings and West are wonderful.
I would give negative stars. There are a couple good Vets but the rest are awful and they work as a team. Meaning your dog or pet will be given to another Doctor bc they only work a few days A week. My dog was seen by at least 7 doctors. Who passed him around on when they are off. I spent over 15,000.00 dollars and I would have spent more to save my dog, however I was treated with disrespect and my dog was treated with negligence incompetence and stupidity. I honestly believe his case ...view morewas treatable. They were too busy grandstanding, bickering and protecting their own egos to do their job well.You are reeled in by one decent dr, who is then busy off, and THEN you will meet a series of morons who will invent a series of conditions and change your pets meds. Tests take forever to come back. Bottom line they will bleed you dry with useless tests instead of focusing on tests which are conclusive. Even after 7 days at the hospital, they still did not know what was wrong with my dog. They told me to euthanize my best friend, which i eventually had to. Also, they will not work with you as far as price I saw people begging them to help them and they were crying useless Tears. Never saw so many people crying at an Animal Hospital in my life. Would not recommend his place, stay away! Believe the bad reviews they are scary close to my experience, I wish I had believed them. This people profit from people's love for their beloved pets.view less
My experience was awful. I went to Dr. Riback because my dog had a hole in his face that was leaking pus. I spent $1400 to have the dogs teeth cleaned and 6 teeth removed. BUT, they did not remove the tooth that, I learned after speaking to other vets, causes this hole about 98% of the time. The AMC suggested that I do a costly cat scan to try to rule out other unlikely possibilities instead of treating the obvious problem. I took my dog to another vet who pulled out the right tooth an...view mored the problem went away right away for much less money than the AMC charged me. The AMC has been informed they made a mistake but they will not provide any remedy. I hate to say this but it truly felt like Dr. Riback and the AMC were just trying to rack up as many costs as possible instead of fixing the problem at my and my dog's expense.
Other horrible things about this place:
1. I had to wait 40 minutes to talk to the Dr. for 10.
2. They took my dog away from me before telling me the outrageous amount they were going to charge me.
3. They did not communicate with me about my options and did not tell me that they chose to leave the 4th premolar in even though it is the most common cause of my dogs issue.
4. When I wrote them to tell them that I had my dogs 4th premolar removed and the hole was healed they wrote an email that they would get back to me and they never did.
Awful Awful Awful experience.view less