- Schools, Business & Vocational Schools, Adult Education, Industrial, Technical & Trade Schools, Cooking Instruction & Schools
- Services/Product offered:
- Programs Offered at this campus: * Dialysis Technician * Cardiology Technician * Surgical Technology * Medical Assistant * Hotel & Restaurant Management * Professional Cooking * Commercial Cooking
- Career Services The Career Services Department at Star Career Academy specializes in guiding students for externships as well as career placement after graduation. Resume writing and job search sessions go right along with training in the Star technical medical courses, cooking schools, or any of the other Career Academy programs. Additionally, there are career guidance and school career fairs, where our Career Service professionals work with you every step of the way to give you the greatest chance at success. Placement Assistance At Star Academy you get more assistance than you would at any number of trade schools. Every program at the Star Academy includes career preparation sessions. We review hiring procedures, help write your resume and improve your employment interview skills. When you graduate, we will help match you with potential employers ? many of who call on us throughout the year to fill available openings. Although we cannot guarantee employment, we have, over the years, built a placement record we are proud of. There is no additional charge for placement assistance, either when you graduate or at any future time you wish to use this service.
- Accreditation: Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) Approvals: New York State Department of Education Approval for Veterans' Training Approval for I-20 Status Job Training Partnership Act Pennsylvania Department of Health BONENT Approved Programs (Egg Harbor & Long Island Campuses) BONENT Certified Testing Center (Egg Harbor & Long Island Campuses) Suffolk County Dept of Labor ACCES Memberships: American Culinary Federation Foundation (Long Island, NY Location) American Hotel and Lodging Association National Restaurant Association International Association of Culinary Professionals Chambers of Commerce (Syosset, NY; Brick, NJ; Greater Philadelphia) Long Island Convention and Visitors Bureau and Sports Commission Long Island Hotel & Lodging Association We are a National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) approved testing facility and a National Healthcare Association (NHA) approved testing site. The career school accreditation, approvals, and memberships listed on this page apply to all the Star Career Academy campuses located in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.