- General Info:
- A Message from Hiroshi: "It has long been my dream to create a salon that is architecturally and spiritually comfortable for both the customers and the staff; a blending of positive atmosphere with scrupulous attention to customer service in which the long term relationships are always foremost. Drawing upon my successful business experience in Japan, and combining it with the past 10 years of service in the Flat Iron district, I have established a salon that provides a first-class New York City Experience. My 35 years of immersion in this industry are now devoted to making this salon a spiritual refuge from the ravages of everyday life." Salon O2 is an oasis in the Flat Iron District where, in a soothing and carefree environment, you can escape from the rush outside and put yourself in the hands of a staff of elite professionals who will give you the best care Manhattan has to offer. Any hair service is available, from expert hair cuts, coloring and highlights to hair styling and up-dos, from Japanese Straighteners Brazilian Keratin Treatment and our hugely popular Brazilian Blowout treatment which actually improves the condition of your hair. Come see us for full nail services, waxing, and other spa treatments as well. We are also bridal hair specialists, providing full hair and makeup for your special day. Call today to make an appointment and see why Salon Today magazine named us a Salon of Distinction.
- Brazilian Blowout Keratin Complex by Coppola Milbon Crede Shampoo Liscio Crystal Cream
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, amex, master card, visa, check, debit
- Between 5th and 6th Avenues, in the Flat Iron District
- Flatiron District, Midtown Manhattan
- English, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Hair Stylists, Beauty Salons, Cosmetologists, Make-Up Artists, Hair Braiding, Day Spas, Barbers, Nail Salons, Wedding Supplies & Services
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
By Appointment Only: Yes
05/23/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I've been to Salon02 twice as a hair model & was very pleasantly surprised both times. Both cutters had been cutting hair for sometime so they knew what they were doint. the owner checked periodically & at the completion of the cut examines the finished cut very carefully & gives it his own last trim. A treat, for sure, because he knows hair. Now in fairness I have to say that I am not very fussy with my hair but I've been a hair model enough times to know when delivers upscale cut. This is such a place.
06/29/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I came to NY from Miami for a party and needed to find a good place to get my haircut and a party blowout done. I have to tell you I was very nervous to try out a new place. I have read lots of reviews on different salons and decided to go to O2. Well let me tell you all the reviews about this place are true! As soon as I walked in I was transformed into a Zen place with super nice staff. I was a little late to the appointment and if the staff was irritated by that they did not show it at all!!! I got a cut with Hiroshi and he really does know hair. He looked at my cut and asked me what I wanted to do with it. After I explained what I wanted he was able to suggest what he thought would work best. I feel like he really listened to what I wanted and did not do anything I did not. And he really does know hair, the way it moves and the way each cut will look on a specific hair type. At first I started telling him what to do and how to cut but then decided to just trust the PRO and go with the flow. Am I glad I did that!!! Hiroshi did an amazing job; I really love my new hair. It looks almost like what I have asked for at the beginning but with Hiroshi funky twist. I absolutely recommend this place to anyone and just go with what the pro tells you, you will not regret it.
02/25/2010Provided by Citysearch -
There is no one like Maria Felix. She is like a chemist and artist combined. Here is a woman who is in her element. Not only does she know exactly what to do each time I describe trying a certain look, but she is able to articulate very clearly what she is doing and why. I always get an education with Maria whether it's about why a color is right for me (or not) or about hair products. She is brilliant at corrective work, as well. A few times, I chose to go local for my hair and the results were disastrous. So off to the city I went to Maria the Magician and she skillfuly corrected the mess. I will follow her anywhere. It's just not worth it to me to try someone new anymore. She is also very kind and approachable. I never feel shy about asking her any questions. Oh, and O2 salon is a very relaxing and zen place. The staff is top notch.
12/07/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I have been a client of Maria since 1998. Through the years I have moved and as a result visited different salons and colorists. Each time I always drew the same conclusion which was that Maria could not be replaced. She is an excellent listener who takes time to hear my specific requests. When not clear on which color direction I was headed Maria always made creative and beautiful choices for me. Having trust in your colorist is something Maria has earned as she has the skills to make me look great as a blond, brunette, and redhead....the correct shade for me. Her personal attention, artistic talent, and warm nature are reasons that Maria is the best. After being a happy and satisfied client for 10 years I see no reason to look further!
11/24/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I have been seeing Salon 02 owner Hiroshi every month for nearly a year now for my single process color, highlights and cut. His attention to detail in all that he does is so appreciated and I am constantly complimented on my beautiful highlights in particular. My hair looks elegant and modern at the same time. The focus on customer service at Salon 02 spans across every single person that works there and even on the busiest day in the salon it feels calming. I highly recommend it.
11/08/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I've been in NYC for 5 years, I come from Italy, and 5 years is exactly how long it took me to find Salon O2. I finally found a colorist that knows what she is doing, Maria listens to what I say and from there she tells me what she thinks and we work together on the best look for me. The result is that I look fabulous, and I don't run home to retouch my hairdo or to look up other saloons because once again I'm not happy. I've never been so satisfied before. The saloon is classy yet without an attitude, everyone is charming and makes me feel important but at ease. It's like one I'm in there everything is taken care of. Keep up with the goos work!
06/09/2009Provided by Citysearch -
The following is absolutely the truth. One person (Marlene @ O 2 Salon) has cut my hair for over 30 years. I originally lived in NYC but moved 10 years ago but find a way every month to visit NYC. There is no discussion as Marlene knows what I like. Marlene is an artist. She focuses. She is careful. She always goes the extra mile to make people happy even beyond her styling talents. She is special and I always enjoy our interesting dialogue. I do not write reviews often but I am confident with the accuracy of what I have shared.
06/05/2009Provided by Citysearch -
It was my first time to the salon, a friend recommended me to Betina. She was wonderful. We had a thorough consultation. The shampoo and head massage was fantastic. Everyone was so accommodating. I love my new haircut, it's been so easy for me to maintain, and I will certainly be returning.
04/15/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I have been following Maria for about six years and can't imagine going elsewhere for my highlights. She knows just how to give me that ""scandinavian blond"" look that I love so much. I've seen her do everything from subtle color to extreme, ""of the moment "" color on her clients and she always respects your personal style yet always offers objective suggestions. I always leave feeling fabulous and have been stopped by several women on the street to ask who does my hair color...you can't get better advertising than that!