Book a Table
- General Info:
- Located in the charming neighborhood of Murray Hill, Rossini's has been serving fine Northern Italian Cuisine for 35 years. The genuine friendliness and warm service makes diners feel right at home in this family owned restaurant. We specialize in Northern Italian Cuisine but also features dishes throughout the Italian Peninsula. Our cuisine is based on many long standing family recipes as well as new and innovative Italian presentations. Our menu offers a wide variety of pasta, chicken, veal and fish dishes or our chef will prepare your favorite dish if you don't see it on the menu. The large chairs and roomy interior provides an ambiance that is perfect for the important business lunch or the intimate romantic dinner.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (212) 686-0987
Fax: (212) 686-0987
- ITALIAN,ISTRIAN,Louis Roederer 200
- Payment method:
- carte blanche, all major credit cards, amex, diners club, discover, master card, visa
- Midtown Manhattan, Murray Hill
- Italian Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Caterers, Family Style Restaurants, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Mediterranean Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Family Style, Italian, European, Seafood, Continental
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
11/22/2008Provided by Citysearch -
The food is OK, but it wasn't special or memorable. To be more specific, the dishes were inconsistent (mainly good, some not so good). This should not be the case for a place like this charging the price they do. The servers were also not particularly attentive. It appears quality has declined over the decade.
02/18/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I have not been in this restaurant in many years but was there for Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. We were both so happy with our meal, the atmosphere and the service. My boyfriend had the special of Chilean sea bass and said it was the best he has ever had! I had the famous scallops and they were fabulous. The staff treated us royally and were were not rushed even though we had an early reservation. Best of all is that it is a short walk to Grand Central. I highly recommend this restaurant!!
09/03/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I'm not a red or white sauce person but decided to give it a try at this restaurant. What a great surpise! They prepare their mixed seafood platter with a smooth and flavorful red sauce that makes you spoon out & consume every last bit. We enjoyed our meal so much we went back 2 days later with relatives and tried the veal scallopini with white sauce. Another outstanding meal! The service,meal & friendly atmosphere were all outstanding. A side note: I was allowed to be served in dress shorts and dress shirt in both occasions, no questions asked. Go there, you'll be satisfied.
08/16/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I met an old friend there the other night and my how we were both blown away with the food! I ate the New York shell steak and I must say it is better than any steakhouse I have been to and much better priced also!
My friend had veal pizzaiola and loved it too. The service was excellent. I made reservation with Nancy and she very imformative and kind. Then we had Peter take care of us and he was just the best!! I found my new favorite restaurant and will tell everyone about it.
07/24/2006Provided by Citysearch -
Big disappointment. We had the highly-recommended special (veal medallions), and it was bland and very rubbery. At $35, I expect my food to be at least enjoyable (if not excellent). We complained to the waiter, who said: well let the chef know. We were so disappointed we complained on the way out to the manager, who offered to send us some certificate but we declined (wont be back).
10/19/2002Provided by Citysearch -
I was staying at Doral with some friends and we went on a saturday night to dine at Rossini's. It was one of our best meals yet, the service was impecable and the opera trio just great. if you ever go ask for Peter or Sherman, they're both really good waiters (funny too!), and ladies, they look just great in their tailored tuxedoes!