Just sloppy and unorganized. Looked like an old beaten down version of what used to be a nice hotel. Bed was missing a headboard and pillows were propped up against a dirty wall. Broken curtain rod, no hand soap. Dustballs and dirt all throughout the hotel. Broken elevator. The lobby was empty at 3pm on a Sunday when we arrived to check in. No one greeted us at the door or the front desk. We just waited and w... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Renaissance New York Hotel 57Add to mybook
Secure online booking with Expedia Affliate Network Call 866-761-3335 to book by phone
The room rates listed are double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
- General Info:
- Discover Renaissance New York Hotel 57 in NYC, a boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan where modern couture meets classic elegance. With sophisticated guest rooms and chic public spaces, this Manhattan boutique hotel's amenities dazzle and inspire.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (212) 838-4767
- Meeting Facilities
- Renaissance Hotels
- Payment method:
- amex, diners club, visa, discover, master card, cash, check
- Located in New York (Midtown East - Grand Central), Renaissance New York Hotel 57 is minutes from Dahesh Museum and Sony Wonder Technology Lab. This 4-star hotel is close to Rockefeller Center and Chrysler Building.
- Midtown Manhattan, Midtown East
- Hotels, Lodging, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Restaurants, Motels
- First of all, we slept the first night in the hotel, but the day after the rooms wasn't made. - During the second night, at 3:30AM, a vigil entered our rooms; giving as a pretext that the rooms were occupied by other people. Do the hotel offer more vacation than they have rooms ? Due to the stress of this intrusion, we weren't able to sleep anymore this night. Moreover, we had to drive to Québec the day afte... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Habitat is ideal for students, or those on a budget, who are more interested in exploring the city than spending time in their hotel. I admit that the shared shower was a bit scary (bring flip flops!), but being so close to the subways and to major shopping areas made it worth it. The only big problem I had was when the staff had trouble finding my reservations and with their reluctance to give me the student discoun... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Although this hotel was a value compared to other hotels in New York, I still paid way too much for the room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was tiny, it did not have a private bathroom, the bed was uncomfortable, the list is endless...very disappointing!!Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
... it isn't convienient to have to go down the hall to take a shower and go to the bathroom. My boyfriend and I stayed here only for the weekend and thats about all anyone would be able to handle of this place. Staff for most part were nice except for one person in particular. If you don't plan on staying in your room that long stay at this place. Just don't forget to bring towels, shampoo, soap, maybe some slip... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
We stayed at the Habitat in Jan 2002. It was a disaster - tiny, dirty rooms, horrible trundle bed that blocked the door when we pulled it out. Someone peed in the corridor and it wasn't cleaned up for three days. The people in the next room to us kept up a 24-hour party, for three days. No sleep for us and despite complaining numerous times, we weren't moved. No way would I go there again. The only good thing was tha... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Last August, planning my trip, I discovered this place here on Citysearch and was reluctant to book it because of the bad reviews but did anyway because it was cheap and I knew what I was getting in to. If you are okay with the fact the the rooms are small (my dormroom was about 3 times as big) and there are communal bathrooms and showers and just need a place to lay your head at night then you will enjoy the Habitat... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch