Manhattan Veterinary Group
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page
- General Info:
- At VCA, your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal. We treat each pet knowing it is an extension of your family. Our dedicated staff of veterinarians, board certified specialists, and technicians strive each day to give your pet the very best in medical care. We understand how important it is to have a local veterinarian you can trust and who, most importantly, knows your pet almost as well as you. With nearly 600 hospitals in 42 States, we've built a network of trusted local animal health providers giving the finest care for the pets in your family. We invite you to get to know our caring staff! New VCA patients are eligible for a FREE First Exam - a risk-free opportunity to learn what makes VCA so different. We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pet and demonstrating our commitment to providing your pet the highest quality care!
- Our hospital offers a wide range of general and specialized medical treatments and services including: • Advanced Care Services • Allergy & Itchy Skin Relief • Diabetes Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Diagnostics • Diet & Nutrition • Disease Treatment • Flea & Tick Control • General Care • Heartworm Disease Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Internal medicine • Medications/Prescriptions • Parasite Control • Pet Wellness Exams • Physical Examinations • Preventive Care • Primary Care • Puppy & Kitten Wellness • Senior Pet Wellness • Spay & Neuter • Vaccines & Vaccinations • Weight Loss Programs Please call us today to review your pet’s medical and health issues and how we may be able to help!
- (646) 678-4395, wellness
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- VCA operates nearly 600 animal hospitals in 42 States staffed with hundreds of experienced veterinarians.
- Upper Manhattan, Upper East Side, Yorkville
- • Caring for your pets the way we care for our own • Convenient, affordable, preventive nose-to-tail care (VCA CareClub) • Educational opportunities for pet owners • Free First Exam for all first time pet visits • Healthy Pet Magazine • Home Delivery of Pet Medications • VCA Big Pet Project • VCA Quality Care Program
- Veterinarians, Pet Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Pet Grooming, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Pet Sitting & Exercising Services, Veterinary Specialty Services, Emergency Care Facilities
02/20/2004Provided by Citysearch -
stop, don't go there, they are over priced, don't really care about pet or owner. arrogant doctors, arrogant front desk staff. they charge late fees if your late. might tell you your pet has cancer, but not before they do any type of test... several hundred dollars later it might only be a bacterial infection? Stop don't go...
09/17/2006Provided by Citysearch -
This place thinks more about getting your money than most. They do procedures without informing you of extra charges. Their head vet knows NOTHING about dog travel to Europe. When filling my dog's microchip number on the paperwork I would need to supply them with a microchip\nscanner?!@@#$# WHAT! YOUR A VET OFFICE!!
09/26/2006Provided by Citysearch -
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Manhattan Veterinary Group. From the minute I walked in the door I was greeted with warmth by the front office staff. The doctors are very competent and focus on what is best for my cats....not their wallets. They gave me options and always keep me posted on what it will cost...I don't know what the last reviewer was talking about with ""no microchip scanner"" - they had one when I was there and the doctor understood the ins and outs of European travel. I will continue to take my cats and any future pets to this great hospital.
09/13/2006Provided by Citysearch -
We took our two cats here to get their follow-up vaccinations and the veterinarian gave both of our cats the wrong vaccinations!! Had they used live vaccines, our 5 year old cat would have been extremely ill b/c she had just received that vaccine a month and a half prior to our follow-up visit!
10/10/2005Provided by Citysearch -
Arrogance is an understatement! The office help is extremely rude. The vet seemed like I was bothering him when I asked questions about my new puppy. He seemed to be in a hurry and didn't really care about any of my concerns. NEVER GO HERE, if you love your pet!!
10/27/2005Provided by Citysearch -
I'm not sure how the other 3 reviewers had such negative experiences but I have nothing but good things to say about Manhattan Vet Group. They take excellent care of my cats, are courteous, seem to genuinely care about my pets and have weekend appointments (even Sundays!).\nI used to go to the ASPCA and liked the doctor we saw there, but getting a Saturday appointment was a herculean task.\nManhattan Vet Group is more expensive than the ASPCA, but hardly unreasonable considering the neighborhood.
10/05/2005Provided by Citysearch -
I agree with the other review. I really wasn't happy with anything about this place. The veterinarian seemed almost out of touch and inhumane. I wasn't looking for my hand to be held but for simple communication and honest advice. What I got was an increadibly expensive bill for a sub-par, unnessesary and painful surgery performed on my dog. I really wish I would have never brought my dog there and after going to a great new veterinarian the difference in treatment and care is astounding. It's really unfortunate...
09/26/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Let me preface this by saying that it has taken me months to write this review, and I know that the dr. to which I am referring is no longer there. That said, after we were told to come in for bloodwork for parvo testing (and waiting 1/2 hr for this appt), we were asked by the dr. why we were there, because we didn't need the test after all! We told her that we were told to come in for this appt, and showed her our last bill/record of services needed. She barely apologized for the incorrect info, and made it seem like we had inconvenienced her! Moreover, when we asked her to look at a scratch that our dog had near his eye, she told us we ""needed an appt for that""! Obviously we had one, since that is why we were there, but she corrected us and told us that we had an appt with a ""tech"" for bloodwork (which is not what I was told when I made the appt), and walked away. This place was a 2 dr. practice, and what was really hilarious is that we found out shortly after that our fave dr. (who we wanted to see in the first place, but was unavailable) was ""let go"" and they only had that moron left! Don't know anything about the new dr. on staff there now, but I don't think I want to even bother finding out. Going somewhere else.