Manhattan Veterinary Group
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page
- General Info:
- At VCA, your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal. We treat each pet knowing it is an extension of your family. Our dedicated staff of veterinarians, board certified specialists, and technicians strive each day to give your pet the very best in medical care. We understand how important it is to have a local veterinarian you can trust and who, most importantly, knows your pet almost as well as you. With nearly 600 hospitals in 42 States, we've built a network of trusted local animal health providers giving the finest care for the pets in your family. We invite you to get to know our caring staff! New VCA patients are eligible for a FREE First Exam - a risk-free opportunity to learn what makes VCA so different. We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pet and demonstrating our commitment to providing your pet the highest quality care!
- Our hospital offers a wide range of general and specialized medical treatments and services including: • Advanced Care Services • Allergy & Itchy Skin Relief • Diabetes Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Diagnostics • Diet & Nutrition • Disease Treatment • Flea & Tick Control • General Care • Heartworm Disease Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Internal medicine • Medications/Prescriptions • Parasite Control • Pet Wellness Exams • Physical Examinations • Preventive Care • Primary Care • Puppy & Kitten Wellness • Senior Pet Wellness • Spay & Neuter • Vaccines & Vaccinations • Weight Loss Programs Please call us today to review your pet’s medical and health issues and how we may be able to help!
- (646) 678-4395, wellness
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa
- VCA operates nearly 600 animal hospitals in 42 States staffed with hundreds of experienced veterinarians.
- Upper Manhattan, Upper East Side, Yorkville
- • Caring for your pets the way we care for our own • Convenient, affordable, preventive nose-to-tail care (VCA CareClub) • Educational opportunities for pet owners • Free First Exam for all first time pet visits • Healthy Pet Magazine • Home Delivery of Pet Medications • VCA Big Pet Project • VCA Quality Care Program
- Veterinarian Emergency Services, Veterinarians, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinary Specialty Services, Pet Services, Pet Sitting & Exercising Services, Emergency Care Facilities
If you value the well-being and health of your animal, do not take them here. I brought my cat in to see Dr. Loomis with clear signs of kidney disease complications. I even had her records from her last vet faxed over days before that described how she had been having kidney issues for years. Dr. Loomis spent about 5 minutes looking at my cat before declaring she just had a tooth infection and had the tech take her in the back for blood work (even though she had the blood work from only 2 weeks prior in her hand) and some medicine. The medicine, I later found out, was just a half tablet of Pepcid, something you can get 60 servings for $15 at any Duane Reade, but she charged me $80 for 1 serving. But, ultimately, the price gouging was not the main issue. A simple Google search will tell you this medicine is HIGHLY dangerous for cats with chronic kidney disease...something I didn't think to do until it was too late. Less than two weeks later I was forced to rush my kitty to an emergency clinic where it was discovered that, due to the medicine Dr. Loomis had given, my cat's kidneys had completely failed and she was in extreme pain. I had to put my baby down much sooner than I would have if I hadn't taken her here. It cost me $400 for negligent care that tortured and ultimately killed my cat.
Posted: 9/29/2010Provided by Citysearch -
My family had been using MVG for about 30 yrs. We have known nothing but first rate service and care for our 4 pets who they have treated. In April, we had to put down our cat Russ who was just about 19 yrs. old. The entire staff, from Rosa who greeted me this day as I entered to Dr. Julie Horton and her assistant (who I apologize to for not knowing her name) was as courteous and professional as one would expect. They made losing Russ that much easier for me. The way that they handled him as they set him up for the procedure was much appreciated! Two days later, my family received a condolence card from the staff at MVG that was signed by everyone present that day. We'll never take our pets to any other hospital, they have earned our trust. On another note, I read the review that someone libeled Arthur with. I have known Arthur for a few years now and have NEVER, ever felt disrespected or that I was bothering him at any time. This description MUST have come from some disgruntled person who just couldn't be satisfied no matter what MVG did for them. One other note about Russ. Over 3 years ago we brought him in because he was listless, we thought that we were gonna have to face the inevitable. There was a Dr. Alexander who took care of Russ' condition and 'brought him back' to us for 3 more years, you cannot put a price on the things that MVG has done for my family!
\n THE SINISCALCHI FAMILY
Posted: 11/27/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I brought my small dog who had a large cyst on his \nbelly, the vet came in, examined my dog, and pulled\nthe cyst off my dog's belly. As I write this, it doesnt\neven sound like it really happened it sounds like I""m inventing a story. This happened years ago, but I was browsing through Citysearch and noticed the few stars\nfor this Veterinary hospital and immediately my bad memory surfaced. I clearly remember my total shock\nand I clearly remember the vet and his arrogance.\nI'm telling the truth. Luckily I found a wonderful vet, Dr.\nMatthew Steinberg whom I trusted compleetely.\nUnfortuantely for me and my dog and cat, has moved\nout of New York City. \n
Posted: 11/27/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I am an employee at Manhattan Veterinary Group. I am the client service coordinator who works the front desk. I read the comment made by vpellsmo and I have to interject here. I am not sure this has even happened at our facility and may just be an attempt from ex-employees to tarnish our practice. We take pride in our customer service and we try to go above and beyond to assist our clients. If this incident were to have happened, our manager would have been notified about it and th issue would have been rectified. furthermore, the information given does not sound like certain practice procedures we would have taken. The reason I wrote this is because I work hard at my job to make sure people are happy with our services.
\nThank you for taking the time to read my response.
Posted: 9/26/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Let me preface this by saying that it has taken me months to write this review, and I know that the dr. to which I am referring is no longer there. That said, after we were told to come in for bloodwork for parvo testing (and waiting 1/2 hr for this appt), we were asked by the dr. why we were there, because we didn't need the test after all! We told her that we were told to come in for this appt, and showed her our last bill/record of services needed. She barely apologized for the incorrect info, and made it seem like we had inconvenienced her! Moreover, when we asked her to look at a scratch that our dog had near his eye, she told us we ""needed an appt for that""! Obviously we had one, since that is why we were there, but she corrected us and told us that we had an appt with a ""tech"" for bloodwork (which is not what I was told when I made the appt), and walked away. This place was a 2 dr. practice, and what was really hilarious is that we found out shortly after that our fave dr. (who we wanted to see in the first place, but was unavailable) was ""let go"" and they only had that moron left! Don't know anything about the new dr. on staff there now, but I don't think I want to even bother finding out. Going somewhere else.