- General Info:
- Langdon Florist has been a leader in this industry for over 60 years! We have the freshest flowers in New York and we deliver to anywhere in New York and the surrounding areas. Over the last 60 years, we have built an unmatched tradition of customer service, quality, and value. Daily shipments of the freshest local and internationally grown exotic blossoms, guarantee that you buy only the best when you work with our staff. Your wedding day could very well be the most important day of your life. When planning your beautiful day, you want someone who is going to stand by your side the entire way through. With over 60 years and thousands of weddings and events planned, you can rest easy knowing you chose the best in the business to get this done for you. You and your guests will be floored at the level of detail, elegance, & beauty we bring to your special day. Make sure your day is as perfect as it should be. We offer hundreds of floral arrangements that are perfect for any special occasion. Send birthday or anniversary greetings, get-well wishes, congratulations to a special person, funerals, and so much more! Rest assured knowing that you can rely on us to deliver premium quality every time! We can design unique, elegant centerpieces for weddings, private parties and other special events. Losing a loved one is hard. The last thing you should be stressing about at a time like this is flowers. Put the responsibility on us. We will work with you throughout the entire process and make sure that you have one less thing to think about. Call on us for same-day funeral flowers in New York. We offer a large selection of floral sympathy displays, including full-and half-casket designs, floral blankets, standing sprays and table displays delivered in elegant containers. In addition to floral arrangements, we deliver live flowering and non-flowering plants and remarkable container gardens. Flowering plants arrive in full bloom and are guaranteed to be in great health. We also supply seasonal floral decorations like holiday wreaths and floral garlands. Choose one of our outstanding gift baskets for a break from the ordinary. Our gift baskets are filled with fresh blooms, fruits, candies, nuts, snacks and fun gift items. We assemble our gift baskets only after you have placed your order, so a gift basket from Langdon Florist always arrives at the peak of flavor, and with exclusive attention from one of our knowledgeable and experienced staff members.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (212) 587-5729
TollFree: (800) 326-7091
- Gift Baskets
- Wedding Supplies
- Payment method:
- check, debit, cash, all major credit cards
- Serving all 5 boroughs
- Downtown Manhattan, Tribeca
- English, Italian, Spanish
- Party & Event Planners, Party Planning, Funeral Supplies & Services, Wedding Supplies & Services, Gift Baskets, Gift Shops, Florists
- Other Information:
Price Range : Average
This is THE PLACE for floral arrangements and bouquet gifts for every occasion. I've been a customer for 25 years, have recommended friends and businesses to this shop and have never heard anything but glowing reports about their service and quality. Langdon florists is one of the few place that does things "old school", (meaning you can actually call up, immediately get a live human being on the phone without being put thru recorded loops)--or physically walk in to this beautiful shop and be greeted by people happy to give you personal attention. Best, they cheerfully customize anything you might need or want, no matter the size of the order. (Amazing considering it's a rather large and busy operation.)
When 9/11 decimated the area and local businesses were hard hit--Joseph Rizzo, Langdon's owner, stayed in the area, never increased prices, and never allowed the quality of his flowers or service to suffer despite the financial struggles of that time.
Since leaving New York, I still use Langdon for every floral gift I send. The gifts always arrive on time--and every one who receives them always comments on their beauty and freshness. Consistently great service! I HIghly recommend if you haven't used them yet, definitely give them a try. You won't be disappointed.
Langdon Florist is truly one of the best in NYC. I have gone to the florist numerous amounts of times and have never EVER been dissapointed. Joe is a visionary and works with whatever budget and never has his customers leaving with a cheap looking bouquet that can be found on the corner store. I've gotten flower arrangements from $20 to over $100 that have left people in awe. Such great work, such friendly staff, fantastic prices (for being in NYC) and just great experiences overall. :)
I ordered a Valentine's Day bouquet online (on February 13) from this florist based upon the Yelp reviews. I received an email confirmation from "Langdon Florist" and even called them to confirm that the order would be delivered on Valentine's Day (which they confirmed). I did not receive the bouquet.
I called to ask what happened and the representative/manager (Talluah) offered up multiple excuses. The first excuse was that they shut down the online orders at 2pm (the confirmation email I received was sent at 2:02pm). If this were the case, then they should not have confirmed the order when I called. The second excuse was that they do not run their online operations and the email I received was an "administrative" email. That seems like a lame excuse to me, particularly if the email comes from "Langdon Florist".
Notwithstanding the fact that I was calm and objectively recounting the situation, Talluah was shouting over me and not letting me finish my sentences. She did not seem to comprehend what missing a Valentine's Day delivery, after confirming by phone, might mean to a customer. Talluah was LITERALLY shouting over me.
I asked to speak to the owner who had apparently gone for the day. I asked that the owner call me and I was told that the owner would not call me back and that I needed to call him. By this point, I had realized that Talluah had taken on a very passive/aggressive demeanor and that it was not worth pursuing this at all.
I hope that others can learn from this experience, as it is the only good that can come out of it at this point.
05/01/2008Provided by Citysearch -
The florist is very friendly and helpful and has a great taste. I walked in and gave him a modest budget and asked for a colorful bouquet for my friend?s present. Immediately he started picking up a variety of beautiful flowers and very quickly put together a colorful but very tasteful bouquet. He asked me what kind of flowers I wanted to include, but after I saw the way he started browsing the flowers, I just let him choose whatever. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of flowers he used for the price, too. I enjoyed admiring the flowers on the way to my friend?s place, and she also loved and was very happy with the bouquet. I?ll definitely go back there again.
07/22/2002Provided by Citysearch -
I bought my girlfriend flowers for her b'day last year--
visited, ordered, picked up next day -- arrangement was very large, diverse, exquisitely beautiful, in a glass vase for display and cost me probably 1/2 of what it would have at any flower shop in a 20 block radius.
Hands down the best flower shop I've been to downtown or up.