Book a Table
- General Info:
- It was in 1980, when Chef-Owner Mr. Costas Spiliadis opened the first Estiatorio Milos on Park Avenue, Montreal.The reason seemed obvious to him: the need to elevate the sophistication of Greek cuisine abroad far away from its stereotyped forklorization. 'I wanted to change what people thought about Greek cuisine,make sure it's being appreciated and awarded with its rightful place on an international level!' As a small restaurant, Milos gained the trust of the Montrealers in no time. The menu being always simple and impeccably fresh, drew the attention of the media and food critics from around the world. NY Post has triumphly started that 'Milos fish could only be fresher if it swam to your plate!' What was the secret that made Milos stand out? Its focus in finding the purest Mediterranean products and cooking with the freshest ingredients.Through 35 years of intensive research, we have managed to build lasting relationships with growers and small-scale fisheries at the shores of Greece, Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, flying in our fish and seafood daily by plane! Milos has since then taken the world by strom and opened in 1997 in NYC, in 2004 in Athens,in 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and in 2012 in Miami Beach and in 2015 in London! We invite you to live the Milos experience and celebrate with us our 35th year anniversary!
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (212) 245-4828
Fax: (212) 245-4828
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, amex, diners club, discover, master card, visa
- Avenue Of The Americas Plz
- Theater District, Midtown Manhattan
Estiatorio Milos - NY
Estiatorio Milos Restaurant
- Mediterranean Restaurants, Greek Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Good For Groups: Yes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Family Style, European, Seafood, Continental
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Above Average
08/06/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I came here with my dad who is a huge seafood lover. I didn't want to dissapoint. This place exceeded all expectations (how cliche), but seriously the space is vast and architectually cool, the food is delicious, fresh and generously served. I had the stuffed calamari and the Med Sea Bass. Dad had the crab cakes and juicy tomato salad. Even the sides are meals within themselves. The red and yellow beet side order came with swiss chard and a garlicky cream sauce. Amazing. I love simple food prepared delicately. It is so hard to find a seafood place that doesnt mess with too many ingredients to mask the delicate flavors of ocean life. Dessert was simple. The fresh fruit plate tasted like everything was imported from Europe.
Good wine list. Waiter was attentive, but a bit aloof, considering my dad is friendly with all the waiters and genuinely is interested in talking to them (my dad is known to go in the back to personally thank the chef a few times too). Anyone who can apprecaite my dad's personality is a bonus in my books, Milos made a weak attempt at that.
03/07/2007Provided by Citysearch -
This is a great place to take a date. The food is wonderful and so is the atmosphere... My only caution would be to watch out for those types who are from Montreal, but come to New York to go to Milos... Sometimes you overhear them going into a rant about how they looovvveee the original Milos and it gets kind of obnoxious.
02/07/2007Provided by Citysearch -
Went during the week for a quick business lunch. Place was quite full but we were seated within a couple minutes, and then pleasantly surprised by the $24.07 prixe-fix 3-course lunch special (3 options each for app, main, dessert; and quality dishes, too--stuff I'd have ordered off the regular menu). Everything very tasty, great bread, attentive service, and we left quite full for well under $100 (incl a bottle of sparkling and cappucinos).
10/23/2006Provided by Citysearch -
i first went here with my mother and sister when i was about 16 years old and could not forget the gigantic steamed lobster the three of us gorged ourselves with that night. years later... ok, about 8 years later, i went again, this time on a corporate lunch, and i remembered why this place was so memorable for me. the staff is always attentive and undiscriminating. they are also very knowledgeable about the food. that last time i went was with my girlfriend for dinner. we sat within view of the fresh seafood displayed on ice (flown in daily from greece, apparently) which was a gorgeous sight. there was no need to ask for anything during our meal. our glasses (wine, water, whatever) were always full, our plates were exchanged quietly and efficiently when needed and we were able to devote all of our attention to each other and the food. if you go, i highly recommend the loupe de mer. milos emphasizes the pure flavors of the seafood and adds subtle flavors to enhance them.
09/26/2006Provided by Citysearch -
Best Calamari, grilled shrimp and lobster in town, not to mention their fishes, especially the loup de mer. Although expensive, well worth it. The food seems deceptively simple. However, they know how to balance the delicate flavors of seafood with a combination of olive oil, lemons, garlic and light seasonings. The result is divine. The true taste of the seafood is never over powered. Don't forget the Baklava nor the yogurt and honey for desert.
Whether a quick power lunch or 5 course dinner, Milos is simply the best.
08/09/2006Provided by Citysearch -
Mortified my in front of my client! On 8/9/06, I took a client out to lunch at this place. Spent about one hour and twenty minutes. We were just about to wrap up and close the deal when the manager came and asked us to leave because we were spending too much time. He offered us a drink at the bar, but my client has a strict no drinking during work policy. I used to be a repeat customer who ordered the most expensive items and multiple coarses during the meal as these are business lunches. I don't think 1 hr and 20 minutes is unreasonable. This is not a McDonald's and I was shocked. We had to finish the last five minutes of our conversation out on 55th street!!! At these prices, they should expect the average customer to ""dine"" and not eat like they have just gone through the drive-thru. What a shame, the food is awesome. If you are trying to close a deal, don't go there!
06/25/2006Provided by Citysearch -
This is going to make a dent in your wallet... so try to schedule a business meeting here! If the variety of fish is overwhelming, allow your waiter to help you decide. The fish can be shared by the entire table or each diner can have his own. The grilled octopus was exquisite, very soft. The Loupe De Mer was delicate and flavorful, and the snapper (I forgot which one exactly) was meaty and moist. The fish is not overly spiced so as not to detract from the fish's true flavor. It is perfect for summer dining! If you still have room for dessert, indulge yourself. The yogurt is quite flavorful and unique (from goat's milk?) and the portion is large - however, I was too full to really enjoy it. If you still want a little something, the fresh fruit is certainly big enough to share. What a magical place!!
05/31/2006Provided by Citysearch -
The fishnet on the Mediterranean white walls, the flickering candelight and the freshest seafood around makes an evening at Estiatoria Milos, a night to remember. The food is great but the little touches make it especially enjoyable - the little oregano plant on your table that is clipped into your olive oil to eat with bread, the chatty waiter who suggests good wine and the glistening seafood laid out for you to choose from on mounds of ice. Expect to wait, even if you have a reservation.