Dr. Marina Gafanovich, MD
- BBB Rating:
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- Dr. Marina Gafanovich is a board-certified Internal Medicine physician that is affiliated with New York Presbyterian (NYP) and the Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan. She received her medical degree from the world renowned Sackler School of Medicine in 2002. Dr. Gafanovich is ranked as #1 New York Doctor in many professional and consumer review sites, i.e. Avvo, HealthGrades, Vitals etc. Dr. Gafanovich's practice takes a humanist approach to medicine. She does not believe in treating diseases, she believes in treating people. Dr. Gafanovich spends a great deal of time with each and every patient to assess outside influence to medical issues, the patient's lifestyle, their beliefs, and works to outline a treatment plan that does more than address the symptoms, but works at the core of the problem to address overall health and wellness. Dr. Gafanovich believes that doctors and patients are partners in the journey to wellness. Any decisions made about your healthcare program will be discussed with you by Dr. Gafanovich and your agreement will be obtained prior to moving forward. She believes that inside every man and woman is incredible healing potential, and your commitment to a healthcare program is essential to your maturing into a state of "wellness". You will always be treated as an individual when you walk through her doors, not a number.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (212) 628-7059
- We are a multidisciplinary practice providing a broad range of services at our offices. Our multi-lingual staff is happy to address your needs in English, Russian or Spanish. Some of the services offered at our office include (but are not limited to): * Abdominal Aorta Screening (For Aortic Aneurysm) * Chest X-Ray (Performed, Developed, and Read by MD on Premises) * Cholesterol Panel (Performed On-Site) * Electrocardiogram (ECG) * Fast and Effective Tests for Influenza A and B * Hearing Tests * INR (Blood Clotting) Testing * Medical Clearances for College Students * Non-Invasive Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Testing * Phlebotomy Blood Draws * Pre-Employment Medical Clearances, Including PPD Testing * Pre-Operative Clearances (Our Pre-Op Clearances Are Completed In 48 To 72 Hours) * Pulmonary Function Testing * Mononucleosis (Mono) Testing * "Rapid Strep" Testing For Pharyngitis * Same-Day CAT Scans, Ultrasounds, Or Any Other Imaging Via Weill Cornell Medical Center, Lenox Hill Radiology, Or East River Imaging Facilities * School/Summer Camp Medical Clearance for Adults 18 And Over * Urinalysis * Urine Pregnancy Testing Routine Vaccinations, Including: * Flu Shots (Including H1N1) * Hepatitis A and B * MMR * Pneumonia * Tetanus * Varicella
- Payment method:
- check, debit, financing available, no credit cards, travelers checks
- Upper East Side, Yorkville, Upper Manhattan
Affiliated with New Presbyterian Hospital
Affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical Center
Affiliated with North Shore University Hospital
Board Certified Internal Physician
- Physicians & Surgeons, Internal Medicine, Physicians & Surgeons
Excellent approach shown by Dr. Gafanovich and her staff. The staff is really comprised of nothing less than awesome people. Very amiable and ready to entertain you while you are in the waiting room. Dr. Marina loves what she does. I can tell because I am a passionate entrepreneur myself. Highly recommended.
The office got a facelift since I've last been here. Fortunately, the doctor remained the same. Dr. Gafanovich continues to provide the remarkable service that I got used to. She is prompt, yes, but very efficient and answers all questions in a polite and down to Earth form.
Dr. Marina is very caring and attentive. I am not deep into medical stuff, but I trust her completely and therefore feel safe about my health. She is not cutting down coverage even despite the number of patients that she has. Sometimes, this is a problem, but I never wait for long. Booking in advance helps.
I will try to enter an unbiased review of the services of Dr. Marina Gafanovich. She is fairly young which looked like a disadvantage for me. Actually, unlike most grey-headed docs, she is very amiable and have an excellent sense of humor. I had a sore throat, not a big issue. I had a feeling I was a little forced into doing a complete physical, which I was reluctant to do, but gave up. While it was not the sweetest of the experiences, it proved to be effective in uncovering some not so visible conditions. Nothing serious, by chance. In all, the doctor showed superb knowledge of primary care.