The store has a lot of different cameras for everyone who is an amateur, just starting out or a professional. If you're not sure what you are looking for the staff is very knowledgable and will help you find what you want. The equipment tends to get very pricey but luckily they have a lot of sales. Sometimes the cameras can get as low as forty percent off.
Camera Land, Inc
- General Info:
- When it comes to offering customers high quality products and excellent customer service, Camera Land stands at the top! Our product line includes some of the finest optics, cameras, and bags available anywhere in the world and our service department is second to none. Whether you're looking to order prints, purchase optics or cameras, or have equipment repaired, we can help. What started out in 1957 as a small local photo shop has grown into one of the oldest & most knowledgeable Photo Specialty & Sports Optics stores in New York City? Ed Paymer was the original driving force at Camera Land. Ed's famous line from virtually every store meeting is "The difference between them and us is us." With that as our Mantra, everyone at Camera Land is there to help fill the customer's wants and needs with the right product while educating the customer and not just handing a box over the counter, the way most of our competitors do. Our customers become part of the Camera Land family when they come to see us. How many NY stores can you go into and the employees know you by name? In the Eighties when Joel and Doug Paymer joined Camera Land the expansion continued. Camera Land is now one of the largest Sports Optics dealers in the country under Doug's leadership, carrying Binoculars, Spotting Scopes and Rifle Scopes. Our digital camera and accessory departments have expanded in leaps and bounds under Joel's supervision, as have our acclaimed Frame and Album departments.
- * Canon * Fuji * Leica * Nikon * Olympus * Olympus Micro 4/3 * Panasonic * Pentax * Sony, Sony
- Payment method:
- amex, diners club, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Between 51st and 52nd Streets
- Midtown East, Midtown Manhattan, Turtle Bay
- English, Spanish
- Photographic Equipment & Supplies, Photographic Equipment-Repair, Binoculars, Photography & Videography, Passport Photo & Visa Information & Services
- Other Information:
Price Range : Average
I was in the market for a pair of binoculars and happened across Camera Lands website. I was set to purchase one pair, when they had a sale on another, yet better pair. I researched the manufacturer, but didn't find a lot of information or reviews for the particular pair of binoculars I was interested in, so I called Camera Land. The gentleman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful and I purchased the binoculars. I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and received them Friday, quick sh...view moreipping, excellent service, I would not hesitate to purchase from Camera Land again.view less
Camera Land excels in the area where most other camera stores in the area fall short: customer service. If you want advice, you can actually get it here, which is something you can't get at a lot of other camera stores in the area. This is why I'd go to a retail store in the first place, instead of ordering online. I could ask a dumb question like, ""what's available in Pentax-compatible zoom or telephoto lenses, and how much do they cost?"" here, and not be answered with contempt an...view mored a curt ""we're out of that."" This same question got me absolutely nowhere at B&H. You can ask a question here and actually get an answer, and that counts for a lot.view less
The store definitely has a lot of photographic equipment. They carry all of the major brands like nikon, canon, olympus, etc. They even have digital cameras as well. The prices are on the cheaper side. You'll find it about 10% cheaper here in this store if you pay in cash of course.
This place has a lot of cameras for great prices. The downside is that it is not a chain, so their return policy is not that great. However, if you are touring New York City and your camera battery suddenly dies, you can drop in to buy a new one. They advertise in local papers, and deals look good.
My first experience with Camera Land, and it won't be my last. I looked around the Web and Camera Land seemed helpful with Information, and they would answer questions on the Web when ask. Their Ad's said to call for a good price and maybe some add on's, my kinda deal.
They advised me not to jump ship to the much more expensive and virtually identical Leica DLUX4 when I was wavering two weeks later. And when Camerland said orders would ship last week - they shipped last week. All this with precious little accurate info from Panasonic. A father and two sons run this busines - and it shows.
within my package was a picture of their staff along with a free sample of coffee/espresso (which was absolutely fantastic). You couldn't ask for this kind of service from a large vendor...CamerlandNY really goes out of their way to add a personal touch to every sale & if I ever need anything again, I won't hesitate to go with them.