Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- General Info:
- Since 1996, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has been entertaining guests with a charming down-home style that’s a hit with eaters around the globe. Our menu offers a number of items for the shrimp lover in all of us. Boasting creative seafood dishes inspired straight from the movie Forrest Gump and a fun family atmosphere, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. will have you running to the nearest location you can find!
- Barq's, Mott's, Smucker's, Welch's
- Payment method:
- amex, debit, diners club, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Times Square
- Theater District, Midtown Manhattan
- Seafood Restaurants, American Restaurants, Bars, Hamburgers & Hot Dogs, Soul Food Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Caterers, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Good For Family: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Alcohol: Cocktails, Full Bar
Takes Reservations: No
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
Posted: 4/15/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I've been there 5 or 6 times with friends/family. And every time we go there's a wait line downstairs. At some point we get stuck having to wait on the stairs... The Souther Fried Chicken is one of the best I've had in NY. The so called ""cocktails"" are mostly cheap juice with lots of ice or colored water with lots of sugar. One good thing (if you manage to get a table by the window) is the view of Times Square. It's usually noisy and it seems like the staff sings happy b-day to someone every 7-8 minutes. However, I like their ordering system with the two signs you can flip saying ""run"" and ""stop.""
Posted: 11/20/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I love the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I have eaten at their Times Square Location, Oralndo, FL location and their Hawaii location. I've loved every one. In the NY one we sat immediately and the waitress was attentive and interactive.l I had the bucket of boat trash. Loved it! I'm sure it's frozen seafood but it was very filling and very entertaining.
Posted: 4/7/2008Provided by Citysearch -
i've dined at bg's on several times and enjoyed it very much. i loved the movie, so naturally i would enjoy the theme as well. it can be a bit pricey, but the food is really good. i did notice how the calamari and shrimper's heaven (i think i got the name right) portions have dwindled in size. they try to make it seem larger by placing it on a bed of lettuce/cabbage, but it's still quite tasty. if you're really starving, you will leave there satisifed, but i suggest you munch on a piece of fruit or something because the wait to be seated is ridiculous! make sure you carry a sweater/jacket (mom was right!) because it tends to get really chilly inside and the temperature cannot be controlled. the staff is nice and attentive. the view of times square (hopefully they will seat you near the window) at night never ceases to amaze me. all in all, a pretty good experience.
Posted: 4/1/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Great place to get a good ole fried shrimp platter with fries and similar fare. The views are spectacular through the large windows overlooking Times Square. Reasonable prices. Very nice, attentive staff who make it a fun experience. I will go back whenever in New York City.